Hello, for the past 3 years I have been getting Intermittent black screen with Radeon r9-290 with Windows 10. While using the computer normally (internet, microsoft word, etc.) I get a sudden black screen that lasts from 1 to 3 seconds, then it shows the screen normally. This can occur between 0 to 4 times a day. It happens very rarely when I'm gaming.
My setup is:
- XFX Radeon R9 290 DirectX 11.2 R9-290A-EDFD 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Double Dissipation Edition Video Card
- Asus ProArt PA248Q 24.1 Inch LED Monitor
- EVGA 220-G2-0650-Y1 G2 80 Plus Gold Rated 12V ECO Mode Power Supply
- Original computer before mods was: HP Desktop PC ENVY 700-230
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 10 Home
Current installed drivers: 17.10.1
Please don't just tell me to update my drivers. None of the AMD driver updates ever fix the problem, no amount of overclocking fixes it. I am really getting sick of this and it just seems like AMD built a garbage product. They need to fire the engineer who designed a graphics card that breaks when you're using a computer like a normal person for actual work.