AnsweredAssumed Answered

System Crash During Destiny 2 - Vega 64 - 17.10.2

Question asked by fro57 on Oct 26, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2017 by amdmatt

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been battling the issues related to the Exodus Black area on Nessus in Destiny 2 as detailed in the post here > https://community.amd.com/thread/221546

On top of this I have encountered another issue when playing Destiny 2 and that is during the game while I am using my MSI Vega 64 Iron, the game crashes my entire computer.  Randomly at different points throughout the game I will end up having my screen go completely black and show that no signal is being received.  My tower then exhibits the same behavior as if I just told it to reset and powers down the lights and fans within the machine before powering everything back on.

I wanted to verify that this issue was not Driver Specific and have rolled back my driver to a couple of the ones available before 17.10.2 doing Clean Installs every time.  The issue still persists across multiple drivers.  I have also gone through and downloaded Furmark and ran an stress test on the GPU for 2.5 Hours to ensure that the system shutting down was not related to protective shutdown due to thermals or the PSU not supplying enough power when the card was maxed out.  Everything passed with flying colors.

Lastly I have played several other games such as Shadow of War, Counter Strike, and Rainbow Six Siege on Max settings with no issues.

Attached is my DXDiag Report.  I am curious if anybody else is having this issue.

Thank You

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Attachments

Outcomes