12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 5:56 PM by Hardwood

Multiple Issues Since Updating To 17.10.2 - Fury X

nova

So i have updated to 17.10.2 with my R9 Fury but now most games refuse to boot,

PUBG says it requires DX11 feature level 10.0 to run the engine (I have checked and found that my DX is up to date)

Destiny 2 fails to detect GPU with the error code "Chive"

Overwatch fails to detect GPU with the error code 0xE0070160, No compatible graphics hardware was found.

Diablo 3 crashes upon boot

Dark Souls 3 Crashes on boot

Fallout 4 does not give any resolution options and crashes on boot

Meanwhile older titles such as

Borderlands 2

Dark souls 1

Bioshock Infinite

Seem to load & play just fine without any issues.

For the time being i'm going to rollback to my previous driver but please do fix these problems as soon as possible

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Issues with driver 17.10.2
          witalit

I have some serious issues since updating to Windows Creator Fall update and 17.10.2..

Same card as well R9 Fury

Hardwood

Seems to be a lot of issues with this release so I'll add mine here.

this is on my RX580 Win10 x64 fall creators update in.

1) install went well until the end. Finished with error 1603?  or something like that. Asked to run sfc and dism and check for updates. All of which passed.

2) checked install log and everything installed except install manager.

3) ran R6Seige's benchmark and machine crashed to unresponsive black screen. Had to warm restart.

Ended up DDUing it and replacing with WHQL 17.7.2 and all is well.

magicool

Maybe we can make this a megathread I'll add mine here as well.

- Driver "amdkmdap" keeps constantly crashing mid game or when changing settings in RadeonSettings

- Can't uninstall 17.10.2 through windows: Unable to uninstall 17.10.2 - RX 480

kingfish

As well as posting on the AMD forum...you can also report the issue to Microsoft How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  unklemac

Vega 56 owner (no overclocking)

Negative:

- Texture errors - Forza Horizon 3

- Extremely long loading times (SSD) - Forza Horizon 3

- Freezes &  crashes - Forza Horizon 3

- HDR problems (known) with LG OLED in Forza Motorsport 7

Positive:

- Forza Horizon 3 seems to have a higher FPS

pelicankilla

Hi Everyone,

Just created an account to document this issue as well along with the really really long loading times.

I too am having Texture loading issue on Vega 64 LC

I captured screenshots 3840x1600 with freesync on (images resized for posting)

32gb Ram

Core i7 6700k Skylake

Windows 10 10.0.15063 Build  15063

Forza 2.jpg

Forza 1.jpg

unklemac

Same deal here pelicankilla

You can reproduce the TEXTURE glitces 100% by going to the beach area (Red circle if you should miss it )

It's on the cliff walls - rocks, and sometimes also the beach itself is ruined by texture errors.

VEGA 56 - NO OC - 17.10.2 (I went back to 17.10.1 and it's gone, but the framerate is about 5-10fps lower same settings as 17.10.2)

glitch_fh3.jpg

• Re: Multiple Issues Since Updating To 17.10.2 - Fury X
                        tomshanks01

Specs:
                        mobo: ga-z170-mx5

cpu: i7 6700k

GPU: " AMD MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB "

ram: corsair lpx ddr4 2666 c15

After installing 17.10.2, my pc became unstable & my gpu was rendered useless. Uninstalling the driver manually through windows does not remove the driver completely, even if you run a deep cleaner. I was only able to remove the driver 17.10.2, after I used a 3rd party software called Display Driver Uninstaller. At which point I was able to use my igfx to install a older driver, 17.4.4 and restore the use of both my gpu & pc.

After 2+ years of near perfect driver operations, I am wondering if AMD's focus on both Ryzen & Vega may have allowed for older hardware to have been overlooked.

• Re: Multiple Issues Since Updating To 17.10.2 - Fury X
                            Hardwood

First I have to say I  had trouble with it too. The only reason I tried the update was because it was for creator's fall update. Call me crazy but I thought I'd see some improvement with my RX580.  That didn't work out...

So back to my regular habit of only updating when a whql version comes out. And my older computers with older video can go without any updates until absolutely necessary. When it comes right down to it, I've never seen much of an improvement by updating drivers. Only once, for ELITE, was it a necessity.

1 of 1 people found this helpful