2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 10:09 AM by s_mcduck

There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center hd7670M

revek

i have a dell 15R 5520 with AMD Radeon HD 7670M
      ever since i bought the laptop i have been using the stock drivers but it is starting to cause so many problems, when i try to upgrade it using the AMD auto detect it downloads a driver but it messes up my CCC saying "There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center" so i have to degrade to the stock drivers everytime, any idea how to get around this? cuz i really need to upgrade my drivers.

HELP PLEASE!!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: downloading drivers messes up CCC? HELP PLEASE
          elstaci

By "Stock drivers" are you talking about Dell's video drivers for your laptop?

It is always best to use your laptop's OEM (DELL) drivers. They are made to work correctly with your laptop's specs of Heat and power usage. By using AMD generic drivers, you could possibly damage your laptop or void its warranty depending on what company manufactures it. Ask Dell Support if they have any updated drivers for your particular laptop. BY using AMD generic drivers on your laptop you are taking a unnecessary risk.

• Re: downloading drivers messes up CCC? HELP PLEASE
            s_mcduck

This worked for me...

Install the new drivers, then go to the folder for your original drivers and search for a file that's called ccc-corestatic.msi (or something very much like that). Install that, restart and you should have Catalyst Control Center back. Good luck.

1 of 1 people found this helpful