7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 9:56 AM by amdmatt

Is Rainbox Six Siege Using The AMD High Performance GPU?

willyfromdk

Hi,

I play on a PC with

8GB ram

1.60 ghz

AMD Radeon graphic card 2gb and one intel hd family 900mb, and after i updated my graphic card ( amd ) my game choosed Intel HD Family graphics as the main graphic card. How does i change it to the AMD one?

Sorry if i forgot something.

William

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Rainbow six siege graphic
            willyfromdk

OMG YOUR SO ANNOYING WHY CANT I JUST GET SOME HELP IM ON A DELL PC WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW

kingfish

Dear Annoyed.

Let me read it to you:

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                  • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
                • Desktop or Laptop System
                  • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
                • Operating System
                  • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
                • Driver version installed
                  • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
                • CPU/APU

• Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    willyfromdk

Okay i have

AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series

And i have a "movable" pc i dont know what to call it on english im from dk... dell

I have Windows 10 64bit'

AMD  Driver 17.10.1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2401 Mhz

kingfish

How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

Let me read it to you:

This document provides instructions on how to configure Switchable Graphics using Radeon settings and is categorized into the following sections:

What is Switchable Graphics Technology?

Switchable Graphics is a laptop technology that utilizes both the graphical processing capabilities of a discrete graphics adapter and the power efficiency of an integrated graphics adapter.  Switchable Graphics technology engages discrete graphics only when it is needed for 3D applications, and uses energy-efficient integrated graphics capabilities the rest of the time.

How to Enable Switchable Graphics?

To ensure full compatibility it is recommended to use the latest graphics driver for the integrated and high performance AMD graphics processor (GPU) provided by the laptop manufacturer. Switchable Graphics will not function if the power saving GPU does not have any display drivers installed.

If you would like to use the most recent driver offered by the graphics manufacturer to support the latest games and applications, follow the steps below in exact order.

1. Install the latest Intel graphics driver from the Intel or laptop manufacturer's website
                        2. Install the latest AMD graphics driver from the AMD or laptop manufacturer's website

Note! Before installing the display drivers, check windows device manager to see if the GPUs are listed under Display Adapters. The high performance GPU may appear under other devices as a generic video controller

Configuring Switchable Graphics

Choose whether to run applications on the high performance or power saving graphics processor, or to assign the GPU based on the current power source.

Right-click the Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.

Select Preferences.

Select Radeon Additional Settings.

Navigate to Power and select Switchable Graphics Application Settings to see a list of recent applications and which GPU they are using.

Select Switchable Graphics Global Settings to adjust your GPU settings for longer battery life or higher performance.

Note! The high performance GPU may not be available when the laptop is running on battery power.

Assigning Applications to GPUs

Assigning applications allows the user to specify which graphics processor is best suited for 3D applications. Selecting high performance will engage the discrete GPU and allow the system to increase graphical processing capabilities.

Note! The operating system may restrict certain applications from using the discrete GPU. For example, Internet browsers and video applications.

To add an application to use the high performance GPU:

Navigate to Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings and the click Add Application.

Select the application you want to add and click Open.

Under Graphic Settings choose High Performance and click apply.

Switchable Graphics Application Monitor

The Switchable Graphics Application Monitor allows the user to check which GPU is assigned for each application used on the system.

Navigate to Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Monitor and click Start Monitoring.

An application executed whilst monitoring is enabled will appear in the list below and will show which applications are running on the high performance AMD GPU.

New Features and Improvements

Radeon Settings

• Radeon Additional Settings has been retired and its previously supported controls for Switchable Graphics, Color Depth and Pixel Format have all been moved into Radeon Settings.

willyfromdk

Configuring switchable graphics, when i go to preferences, there is no "radeon additional settings" what do i do?

amdmatt

Look under Radeon Settings > System > SWitchable Graphics. We need to update that document, the layout has changed slightly.

Default Settings, you should be using the AMD GPU, that's how the drivers are configured to use the high performance GPU by default, assuming you are connected to the power.

Ignore whatever a game tell you which GPU is being used as it will never be able to detect the AMD high performance GPU as the laptops display is connected to the Intel GPU. The AMD GPU is headless, which means it has no display connections. This is normal.

1 of 1 people found this helpful