0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 10:47 AM by paramojo

Frontier Niggles & Pro Render for Maya - Test Benchmark Project?

paramojo

Hi all,

I'm just doing prep ready to do a Masters Degree and Research (in Digital Visual Effects) and on a very limited budget picked AMD having just bought a new system from Scan 3XS in the UK, a Ryzen Threadripper 1950x, a Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition with only 64GB of Ram for the moment, so I new it was tweaked and setup properly. More tweaking needed however, but that's for a separate post.

In the meantime as I am setting my system up, including a CentOS Linux Boot as too my surprise, compute benchmarks so far are terrible on WIN 10 as I need both to work in tandem as 3D processing to start introducing A.I and Machine Learning into Real-Time Visual Effects pipelines. On that note the dual Pro and Game driver does not work I feel as intended, Id rather have extra compute options on a main WIN Pro Driver, equally WIN 10 flaked on upgrading it and its still complaining. I digress its having worked 24/7 not stop installing and setting up stuff for the last few days having ADHD and Aspergers for you, lots, lots more to do however.

So I was looking for quick and easy solutions for real world benchmarking/testing than running "Benchmark" applications aka in the case of say Pro Render for Maya (can the installer et al be adapted to install for Maya 2018 please?) an AMD Test Project/Scene. Ideally likewise for other software I am going to be fiddling with which includes Nuke, Mari, Modo etc, Unreal Engine, Unity 3D, Zbrush, Mudbox or out else I can lay my hands on that's handy.

Where possible I will be installing and mirroring as many applications as possible in CentOS Linux too.

Cheers,

Sam