15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 1:35 PM by djglamrock

RX 460 Device Code 43  - Windows 10

toukomarkkanen

Graphicscard: AMD RX 460

laptop: asus fx550i

Windows 10  64-bit

central processor: AD FX-9830P RADEON R7, 12 compute cores 4C+8G

so im really newbie with computers and i messed up a bit.. i tried to download the settings for amd radeon but after i had downloaded driver it allways says "error 43"  and if i trie to play something like csgo it wont open the game and it dayd

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: AMD RX 460 graphicscard doesnt work properly (error 43)
          kingfish

How to select the correct drivers > Laptop graphics update...How to

Download Drivers

Screenshot_1.png

Always install the full version, never the 'minimal setup'. This is the only driver you install. > APU

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re:  AMD RX 460 graphicscard doesnt work properly (error 43)
            rellith

toukomarkkanenplease run this software first Download from that link and after you have followed the wizard in this software please then repeat Kingfish's guid and install you drivers again.

this should start you off on a fresh slate and get you back up and running.

• Re: RX 460 Device Code 43  - Windows 10
              gamolile

Hello!

I believe I am having the same issue as you. Both my dedicated and Integrated cards are showing error 43 on them no matter what I try.

I have tried reinstalling drivers from the AMD website Mentioned by Kingfish using the full install.

I've done a clean uninstall using both DDUD and the AMD cleanup utility at separate times. Also for curiosity another time I used the device managers "search for drivers" and that didn't work either.

I also found in another forum someone who had cleaned not only drivers but the AMD folders found in C/: and in both Program files folders. Tried that and it fixed a minor problem with the installer I was having however, it failed to fix the error 43.

Read about a hundred other threads that had a similar issue, the only reason I post here is because processor and graphics are the most similar to mine.

Graphics card: Amd Radeon Rx 460 Graphics (Dedicated) driver version 23.20.15017.3010

Amd Radeon R7 Graphics (Integrated) driver version 23.20.15017.3010

Laptop Asus R510I

Windows 10 64 bit version 1709

Processor: AMD AMD_FX-9830P_RADEON_R7__12_COMPUTE_CORES_4C+8G

8 GB Ram Installed

If anyone has any insight and would care to enlighten me, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

gamolile

Solved my own problem. Updated my windows version then windows updater updated my R7 driver automatically. Error is gone and games work much better now.

I'm still having issues with games using my integrated graphics and not my dedicated but that's a separate issue I'm assuming.

gamolile

Okay, this is driving me absolutely up the wall.

The original problem keeps coming back.

Using the "Auto driver update" in device manager I can get the integrated R7 graphics to a stable state and it is actually working, the dedicated RX 460 Says that its stable but refuses to actually be recognized or work in any game I play. I use device manager again and this time it downloads an "updated driver" for the RX 460 which then creates the error 43 on JUST the RX 460, after that it says the drivers are fully updated.

OR, I go to the AMD website, download the CORRECT drivers using the steps posted above. It installs them and says they are successfully installed, and prompts a restart. I do so. When It comes back on, NEITHER of the cards are working, both stating error 43, and all programs with even mild graphics demands are incredibly slow.

I would very much like to be able to use the RX 460 for games.

The other problem, The AMD Radeon Settings. When both cards are in a "Stable" condition (no errors), the program fails to start, no errors pop up or anything the mouse shows the loading icon then nothing. When the cards show the error 43 it shows the error "No AMD graphics drivers are installed, or the graphics drivers are not working properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

I have been able to recreate both driver "states" three times now, using Clean installs two times, and just installing all the drivers without cleaning them out once. Results are the same all three times. I've spent a week trying to figure this out.

I'm going nuts. I'm going to throw this computer against the wall. Somebody please help before I waste a lot of money out of frustration.

Graphics card: Amd Radeon Rx 460 Graphics (Dedicated) driver version 23.20.15017.3010

Amd Radeon R7 Graphics (Integrated) driver version 23.20.15017.3010

Laptop Asus R510I

Windows 10 64 bit version 1709

Processor: AMD AMD_FX-9830P_RADEON_R7__12_COMPUTE_CORES_4C+8G

8 GB Ram Installed

kingfish

5. Win10 users..take the necessary steps to prevent/delay Microsoft automatically changing/installing graphics drivers using one of these methods > Windows 10 Forums

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

gamolile

I did this twice. As I said, the clean installing AMD drivers, creates the error 43 on both. While windows updater makes R7 stable.

gamolile

An update to my problem. Asus tech support gave me drivers that work for my system the old 16.6 drivers and this took away my error 43. However I am unable to switch my Primary r7 with the linked rx 460. Games are using only the r7 card. When I try to open Radeon addition settings, nothing happens, nothing launches. A half a second of the mouse loading icon then nothing. Bah... one thing after another. I can't update the drivers because they don't work for my system.

stevielain

hey did you ever get this issue fix because I also have this issue seems like nothing works to solve it

djglamrock

I am having the same problem as you.

gamolile

After Lots and Lots of digging and experimenting I discovered one of the cores to my problem. My bios needed updated (Not something I thought to check) as well as somewhat a scary thing to do. Make sure you read up on the right way to check and update your bios as I did not record the steps I took. After doing that I still had to use the previous version of AMD radon settings and have not been able to update it since (newest version still will not launch). Games run much better afterwards and have been able to comfortably play all the games I had wanted to although I am not able to use rx460 as dedicated, (Gave up once things started running better)

Anyways, hopefully that will give you a next step to work on as it seems like it is multiple issues working together.

djglamrock

Mate I have the same exact laptop as you and the same problem as you. Did we just become best friends? lol. I have followed Kingfish's directions and removed, deleted, reinstalled multiple times. I'm pretty sure it's not operator error because whenever I reinstall Crimson 17.4.3 it works. But if I try to install anything newer than that one it's a no go. I've only had this laptop for about a year and it makes me want to just throw the thing away. My first time with AMD and I am not impressed.

I’ll check my bios and make  that I have the updated version, but hearing joe updating that made things worse kind of makes me not want to update the bios if they aren’t the most current version.