5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 8:11 AM by amdmatt

RX 580 PCI-E 2.0 Compatibility

lithid

So... I bought this thing from BestBuy the other day on a whim. I wanted a better Graphics card for my piece of garbage computer (was using an HD 6450 before), and my comrade and I were at BestBuy and he urged me to buy this thing. We got back to his house and tested the thing in his computer (had a Ryzen 5 in it) and it was BEAUTIFUL... I had never seen anything as beautiful in gaming (keep in mind, HD 6450... so I was usually playing at 800x600 Low at 22 FPS in FarCry 3), so much so that it brought a tear to my eye... 1080p High 60 in Farcry 3, and easily 40 on the same settings in FarCry Primal (I do love my FarCrys, don't I?), so I took it home the next day, threw it in my PC... It booted, along with everything else, I installed the drivers, and it finished... but it didn't work...

Okay, so I checked the Card and the fan was spinning, not only that but it was working the day before so it was out of the question that it was a Defective unit. So I tried opening the AMD Settings and it bounced back with "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your hardware." And I thought to myself, "Well that's silly, I used the XFX disk that came with it, and I installed the drivers properly." and I did, and I am looking at the setup.exe output and it claims that my currently installed driver is 17.10.1731, the thing it told me to when I first booted the .exe. So I upgraded to 17.7.2 and that did nothing, ran Device Manager and it claims that it exists, however it bounces back with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" (basically, an issue with the drivers), and in the past 9 hours, I have done EVERYTHING that Google told me to do. Use the Official AMD cleaner to remove old drivers, manually clean out folders, delete pieces of AMD registry, and Flash a new BIOS and it still does not work! I need help! I have restarted and reinstalled my drivers SO MANY TIMES!!!!

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2.44 GHz

Motherboard: TP406 (I checked, and yes I know PCIe 2.0, however even then it should work)

RAM: 6GB

GPU: (Hopefully an RX 550 by the end of this)

PSU: 375w

Please help...

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.