2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 11:42 AM by claw106

RX460 Driver Crashing

claw106

I recently was given an RX460 for an old PC of mine, here are the specs if anyone was wondering:

[spoiler]

Core 2 Duo Q6600, @ 2.4ghz

4 GB DDR2

460W PSU

WIN 10

RX460

[/spoiler]

My issue is that at random times, the driver will crash and default wattman settings will be restored. I searched around a lot, and everyone said to downclock it as it probably came overclocked. That fixed the issue temporarily, but no longer than an hourish later, the crashing happened again. I have not been able to simulate this temporary fix again, so it might have just been a stroke of luck.

The drivers are the latest (at the time of writing this), and I have tried it on a friends computer, and it works fine. Other graphics cards also work in the PCI slot.

• Re: RX460 Driver Crashing
          kingfish

It could be third party controllers...sounds like it.

Trixx, Afterburner, Asus installed?

• Re: RX460 Driver Crashing
              claw106

It's a brand that I've never heard of called PC Partner. Cant see any drivers on their website. In saying that though, I never looked on sapphires website for the Drivers. I did a quick google and found them on their website. I will give this a shot and see what happens.

Update: Installing Sapphire drivers didn't help. The only difference it made was in MSI Afterburner, the memory clock and clock speeds have defaulted to the minimum, and I can't raise them.