AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Crossfire NOT working with DirectX9 applications.

Question asked by identty on Oct 17, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 by identty

Hi!

I'm having an issue with my computer not wanting to run DirectX9 applications with crossfire enabled.

I can run DirectX9 applications just fine with crossfire disabled.

I have confirmed that the crash is between Crossfire and DirectX9 by testing several (DirectX9) games with crossfire enabled/disabled.

Also tested by running Heaven Benchmark, running DirectX11 works perfectly, but when I try to run DirectX9 I get the same problem as I get with the DirectX9 based games.

By using Heaven Benchmark I've confirmed that crossfire is indeed working (with DirectX11), and I'm getting great benchmark results.

The cards I'm running are:

1 - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ (Master)

2 - ASUS Radeon RX 580 4GB Dual (Slave)

The problem I get when trying to launch DirectX9 applications can be described as a flashing black screen (1 sec) and desktop (1 sec). This flashing back and forth.

I can however hear sound from the game menu.

I have tried multiple sets of drivers including the latest Crimson 17.10.1, using DDU to remove the previous version in between attempts.

I have also tried multiple game profiles for the different games, but all ending in the same result.

My games and applications (based on DirectX9) do however run fine if I disable AMD Crossfire.

This all leads me to think that this might be a driver/software related problem, but I can't figgure out how to solve it.

Need help!

Kind regards.

Michael

Outcomes