2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 11:38 AM by identty

AMD Crossfire NOT working with DirectX9 applications.

identty

Hi!

I'm having an issue with my computer not wanting to run DirectX9 applications with crossfire enabled.

I can run DirectX9 applications just fine with crossfire disabled.

I have confirmed that the crash is between Crossfire and DirectX9 by testing several (DirectX9) games with crossfire enabled/disabled.

Also tested by running Heaven Benchmark, running DirectX11 works perfectly, but when I try to run DirectX9 I get the same problem as I get with the DirectX9 based games.

By using Heaven Benchmark I've confirmed that crossfire is indeed working (with DirectX11), and I'm getting great benchmark results.

The cards I'm running are:

1 - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ (Master)

2 - ASUS Radeon RX 580 4GB Dual (Slave)

The problem I get when trying to launch DirectX9 applications can be described as a flashing black screen (1 sec) and desktop (1 sec). This flashing back and forth.

I can however hear sound from the game menu.

I have tried multiple sets of drivers including the latest Crimson 17.10.1, using DDU to remove the previous version in between attempts.

I have also tried multiple game profiles for the different games, but all ending in the same result.

My games and applications (based on DirectX9) do however run fine if I disable AMD Crossfire.

This all leads me to think that this might be a driver/software related problem, but I can't figgure out how to solve it.

Need help!

Kind regards.

Michael