dannylewis1312
      • Windows 10 Home 64 bit
      • Lenovo Z50-75
      • AMD A10-7300, Radeon R6, 10 compute cores 4C + 6G
      • 8 Gigabytes of RAM
      • 1.90GHz
      • Phillips TV 1080p at 60Hz with HDMI
      • AMD Catalyst 15.20

I've downgraded to the earliest version of AMD driver software my laptop can go to. I'm considering an update, but before I do that I want to know if the new update will DESTROY MY COMPUTER like version 16.11 did. I installed it once a long while ago, and my computer didn't work at all for a week. none of the apps of the simplest kind ran, and the screen was always suddenly turning green or black after a few minutes or so, even in safe mode. Only when I uninstalled it did my computer start working again, and just like brand new too! So I need to know, is this update even worth downloading? Is it as bad as the last one?

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: update version 17
          ray_m

Drivers for laptops are 'reference drivers', which means they may or may not support all the features of your laptop.

Laptop computers differ from desktops because they are specifically customized by the manufacturer.

I would suggest you stay with whatever driver works for you or look to your manufacturer for an updated driver.

2 of 3 people found this helpful
          • Re: update version 17
            kingfish

The latest driver for your laptop is 17.7.2 APU  You should read the Release Notes. If nothing there that fixes any issue you may be having, leave it alone. A new driver release is not a command to install it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful