6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2018 2:43 AM by dazza1248

    RX Vega 64 CrossFire Not Working - 17.9.2 Onwards

    v1zo

      Dear AMD, Dear Community.

       

      Yesterday I built my new PC, with the following configuration:

       

      Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE

      CPU: INTEL 6700K

      GPU: 2 X RX VEGA 64

      RAM: 4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3000MHZ

      SSDS: 2 X Corsair Force LS

      PSU: Corsair HX1200i

      CASE: Corsair Carbide Air 240

       

      ----

       

      I tried every driver from 17.9.2 upwards, including the beta drivers and Crossfire doesnt work, or is even worse than when I run it in single GPU?


      This is my firestrike result: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-6700K,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII GENE

      This is not even possible....

       

      Also while running Firestrike the GPU Tachs look like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

       

      ----

       

      While playing videogames like Friday the 13th i have like 15-25 fps....

       

      Please, somebody help me

       

      Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

        • Re: RX Vega 64 Crossfire big problem :(
          whiskey-foxtrot

          Keep in mind that Crossfire/DX11 and mGPU/DX12 support is also dependent on the game(s) itself. Anyway, with that said your Firestrike result is pretty low. This is not typical as you can see from other single Radeon RX Vega 64 results posted here: AMD Red Team 3DMark Scoreboard (see results in the Firestrike section by sgtbilko and kxuping

           

          Since I don't know what kind of settings you're running it could be a number of things happening:

          1. You GPUs are thottling due to heat issues - what are your fan settings like? (post a pic of your Radeon Settings config for your cards)

          2. Try using a custom profile and JUST maximize the Power settings

           

          As for the first GPU tach not lighting up during that benchmark is also odd; it could be an indication that something is wrong that card, or your drivers may need to be (re)installed properly. Try an updated DDU and run it from safe mode. While you're at it, temporarily disable ANY other app you use to OC/modify your GPU settings.

           

          GL.

          • Re: RX Vega 64 Crossfire big problem :(
            kxuping

            I just tried Firestrike with powersave performance GPU mode and get 20409 graphics score. So there is something wrong with your setup. Im using 17.9.3 WHQL drivers.

            Can you please post a picture of the Monitoring tab of 3dMark after running the benchmark to see your Temps:

            2017-10-21 14_29_40-3DMark Advanced Edition.png

            • Re: RX Vega 64 Crossfire big problem :(
              m21119

              i have exact same issue, also one tachometer is only at 1, the only thing i noticed is that the bios on one of the cards is newer

              • Re: RX Vega 64 CrossFire Not Working - 17.9.2 Onwards
                kxuping

                Just got a second Vega. Now I can try mGPU as is called now. Will post if it works or not for me.

                • Re: RX Vega 64 CrossFire Not Working - 17.9.2 Onwards
                  dazza1248

                  Hey has anyone got this working? I just got 2 Asus strix RX Vega 64's and they only work with 1 card. Like it says the crossfire logo in games, but no matter what settings or profiles I use the game either freaks out with flickering or crashes all together. The only game I got it working on the Witcher 3 but even then it would drastically drop from 90FPS to 40FPS (running in 4k with high to highest settings, and even tested on lower settings). Also one card would be utilised 99% whilst the other says 1% - 20%, and one card hits 85 Degrees celcius whilst the other is at 35. When I use one card it sits near 70 - 75 Degrees. I haven't done much overclocking really, just undervolted and raised power limit, also increased fan speed to 800rpm - 3200rpm. I also tried stock settings with increased fan, and stock in general. There's a switch on the card to switch from a more powerful mode to a "quieter" mode, am I supposed to flick that on to quiet?

                   

                  Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

                   

                  P.S. when the game crashes sometimes the drivers crash, but that's due to overheating, other times the game crashes and both cards are at 40 degrees.