3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2017 5:45 PM by toppano

290 pixel format only two ports

toppano

Asking to see if anyone is having the same issue.  I have a r9 290 and am using all the ports to drive 4 screens.  I am only able to get the pixel format option for 2 out of the 4 ports no matter what screen is plugged into what port.  I have move screens around between all the ports, swapped out cables even tried multiple display port to hdmi cables and I have had zero luck.  I have down graded to 15.x drivers and gone up through various versions to current driver set and have had zero luck. 

If anyone else has run into this can you please let me know if there is a fix or if this is a limitation of the hardware?

• Re: 290 pixel format only two ports
          ray_m

Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for the use of this forum.

You have not provided any of the ESSENTIAL INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

toppano

Sorry ray_m, I was think this was a bit easier to solve and I was missing a checkbox or something.   I have provided the information your looking for below, please let me know if you need any further info and thank you so much for helping!

Describe your system:

AMD Graphics Card

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB (Part#21227-00-40G)

Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 64bit

Driver version installed

Current drive installed 17.7.1 (have tried all version from 15.X to 17.7.10)

Display Devices

Screen 1 (Asus VS247) DisplayPort to DVI adapter

Screen 2 (LG GSM0001) HDMI pixel format (YCbCr 4:4:4) working

Screen 3 (Sharp LC-32LB480U) DVI-D to HDMI adapter pixel format (YCbCr 4:4:4) working

Screen 4 (Sharp LC-32LB480U) DVI-D to HDMI adapter pixel format (YCbCr 4:4:4) not working

Motherboard + Bios Revision

Asus Sabertooth X79 Bios Version 4005

CPU/APU

Intel Core i7 3930K

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Cooler Master V1000 - 1000W

RAM

16GB

Describe your issue:

Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

In my current configuration I am only able to set the pixel format (YCbCr 4:4:4) on the LG and on one of the two Sharp Monitors.  I have confirmed through

a custom resolution utility that the EDID's for both of the Sharp monitors are being recognized correctly however the option to select the pixel format is only

available on one of the two which I indicated under the display section above.

Details about applications/games affected (including version number)

this is an issue before I lauch any games.

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

screen1.gif

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  toppano

Gonna bump this topic hopefully someone has an answer.. 

I have tried multiple DVI-D to HDMI adapters and no matter what I do or what port and monitor is plugged in I can only run 2 out of 4 monitors as if they are connected via hdmi through converters.  this causes and issue because in my flight simulator I only have 2 of the 3 screens being used with full pixel format of 4:4:4 and both the color saturation and reproduction is way off on the 3rd monitor.

I would like to know if this is a limitation of the video card and if so what is my upgrade path to be able to drive up to 4 monitors with HDMI connections and full pixel format being available?