2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 1:32 PM by demo.80

Unable to login RaidXpert2

demo.80

We have 3 NMVe M.2 installed on our motherboard (ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399) and would like to set them on raid 0. We have updated the BIOS with the latest version (0701, 2017/08/16). We have also set the SATA mode to Raid (in the BIOS). We have installed the latest AMD RaidXpert2 utility and Drivers from the link below [1].

The problem is: when we run the RAIDXpert2 and enter the usr/psw (admin/admin), we cannot login (the submit button is disabled, see the attached snapshot). The RAIDXpert2 gives us the following message: "License Level 0: No Raid (Does not support RaidXper2)"

Would you please let us know why is that? and how can we setup the RAID 0 on the 3XNVMe drives (bootable)?

Thanks. 

[1]  http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/NVMe-RAID-Support-for-the-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-platform.aspx

• Re: Unable to login RaidXpert2
          amdmatt

As per this link, there are some Known Issues, do these affect you at all?

NVMe RAID Support for the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform

Known Issues:

1. Users with an existing RAID array cannot perform an in-place driver or BIOS upgrade to add NVMe RAID support to their system.
            1. Users with an existing SATA RAID configuration must back up data on the SATA RAID array, and break down that array, before proceeding with any BIOS update or driver installation containing NVMe RAID support.
            2. If the existing SATA RAID array is a bootable configuration with an operating system, then a fresh install of Windows 10 will be required.
          2. A motherboard BIOS update is required to support NVMe RAID. After updating to a supporting BIOS, the disk configuration must be changed to RAID (from SATA or AHCI). This BIOS menu entry is often labeled "SATA Mode" or "SATA Configuration."
            • Re: Unable to login RaidXpert2
              demo.80

For the record:

The login issue resolved by manually installing the raid drivers.

In the device manager, under 'other devices', manually updated the driver for 'AMD-RAID SCSI Processor' (using the provided drivers by AMD, links above).

I still, however, have not figured out how to raid 0 all 3 NVMe drives as a bootable drive (OS drive).

Current Configuration:

Installed OS on one of the NVMe drives. Then, installed RaidXpert2 and set up the other two NVMe drives on Raid 0

Desired Configuration (unable to achieve yet):

Set up all 3 NVMe drives on raid 0 and then install OS on them.

Please let me know how can I achieve this configuration.

For the record, I have other storage drives as well (one normal SSD drive, and three HDD which are also set on raid 0)