10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2017 3:05 PM by ysor123

What happened to Windows 8.1 support? My Feedback On Support

e71

I've been loyal to AMD for many years now, sticking with Radeon cards and not once considering switching to NVIDIA. Stuck by AMD through the good and the bad.

But you guys burned me once when you FORCED me to upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1 in order to continue receiving driver updates. This was pure hell because I have A LOT of software installed, most of which require a lot of post-install configuration.

Now you're burning me over a second time FORCING me to upgrade to Windows 10 -- which, by the way doesn't work well with some of my gear -- leaving me only the option of going all the way back to Windows 7. That isn't a viable option either due to OS requirements of some of my many software packages.

My card is an RX 480 8GB. It's not even that old, but it's already no longer supported. How messed up is that?

You're punishing me for using an in-between version of Windows, which, combined with the underwhelming GPU that is the Vega 64 -- a card I was still considering upgrading to btw (that's how committed I was) -- you have given me the perfect reason to finally abandon AMD and embrace your competitor, NVIDIA, whom I have loathed for so many years.

Selectively cutting driver support is the unwisest decision you can make when you're trying to hold onto your minority portion of the GPU market.

Will you be considering re-establishing support for Windows 8.1 or will people like me who wish to be in charge of what OS to use have to look elsewhere?

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.