I am currently building my 2nd PC EVER!!! I am building a workstation (NON-GAMER) that includes the needs of;
Graphic Design - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, GIMP, Etc.
Photo Restoration - Photoshop, Gimp, Etc
Video Encoding, Transcoding, Decoding,
Plex Media Server, UTorrent, DLNA, Home Automation Features Control
4K Video Editing (Cyberlink Power Director Latest Version/Build - 30 FPS (1 Monitor 4K & 1 1080p or Even DVI) Dual Monitors
Current Build So Far
- Fractal Meshify C - 5 Fans, 2-140, 3-120
- ASUS ROG Strix B350 F Gaming Mobo
- Thermaltake - Smart Series GDP 700 W
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM
- Samsung Evo 960 - NVMe M.2 250GB Boot/Program Files Drive
- Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 HDD
Parts Still In Question
- Ryzen 7 1700 vs. Ryzen 5 1600?
- Wraith Spire Cooler vs. AIO (Is it needed over the Wraith)?
- GPU that can handle my needs (Again I DON'T GAME - So I don't care about 80FPS +) I use PowerDirector 15 (Not Davinci Resolve) CUDA vs OpenCL? AMD vs. GTX Series?
- Will a GTX 1050 Ti work well?
RAM - There are so many conflicting views with RYZEN. Is it worth to OC to 3200 or leave at 2666?
I am getting DDR4 32gb, 2x16 Single Rank - Brand? Model that works great?
Additional Parts Added @ Another Time
- 250 GB SSD (For Current Projects)
- (2ND) Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 HDD
- USB DVD Drive (Just in Case)- Clients Might Have Photos on a CD/DVD
Should I overclock anything? Bios Asus Settings?
That's a lot, but I hope someone has experience and can help. Video editing, not gaming.