4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 5:50 PM by anubismarc

The Spartan's gift

daquteness

Every now and then you bump into someone online that actually gives a damn...

As a sign of recognition and appreciation for his seemingly endless patience and guidance, I made this here render. It might now always be shown outright, but myself and I'm sure most of the community here actually enjoys the presence and appreciates guidance of RTP as well as other willing and helpful members. I didn't originally want to post this here, but I have been told it might be nice to do so actually. The concept was based on an idea of serene aftermath sense of achievement, almost peaceful as a result of struggle. Hence the undisturbed ash and golden sand surrounding the helmet, as one respects past experience and gets pride in accomplishment, the central element to one's life and character. At least that's what I'd like to think...

Anyway, without any further drama, this here piece was modelled, sculpted, painted and rendered 99.9% in Blender with Cycles, with colour correction and just a teeny smidgen of cloning in PS. Unfortunately NOT done with ProRender because of temperamental Vega FE drivers still (getting weird blue screen, and I don't mean the one in Windows, literally just plain blue and it freezes), probably to some extent the plugin itself, maybe a final push off the stability cliff joyfully provided by Windows 10, I don't know, I still need to research the issue. I wish I had more time to work on it but I'm in the heats of a deadline and wanted a creative break from all the madness, figured I'd make it count. You can get a 4K version here.

WF_Spartan.jpg

If anyone wants a bit more in-depth explanation or generally has any Blender or 3D max or anything modelling/rendering/compositing in general just drop me a line and I'll be happy to assist.

• Re: The Spartan's gift
          darkwolfca

sweet render thanks for the upload

walking_corpse

This is such a touching gesture, thank you for recognising the time members of our group put in

daquteness

It is astounding how many people here, on Discord or other forums as well, don't understand that the time you guys put into RTP is by choice, for pleasure, and nowhere near as easy and full of benefits as people think. Heck, I'm not in RTP, I'm not streaming anything yet, I have a stressful job and yet I manage to squeeze time to help others on Discord or here. Most of you guys have jobs and families, far more responsibilities than I do, yet chose to pile more on top of that simply by representing the AMD community. Streaming and promoting alone take massive chunks of time to organize and carry out, and they are probably among the easier tasks so yes, I think RTP deserves a bit of recognition for the effort. It's not always all fun and games, and I appreciate the work you put in.

I think greens have their Elite membership or something similar... That you have to pay a monthly fee for... Bought, not earned... Big difference in my eyes.

I wish I had more time to pick up the Fan Art section Soon though! Mid November is a big step for me at work, will have more time after that!

anubismarc

What a great gesture, I'm sure the RTP will really appreciate all of your hard work. It looks great and I know you worked ******* it well done.