daquteness

The Spartan's gift

Discussion created by daquteness on Oct 14, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 by anubismarc

Every now and then you bump into someone online that actually gives a damn...

As a sign of recognition and appreciation for his seemingly endless patience and guidance, I made this here render. It might now always be shown outright, but myself and I'm sure most of the community here actually enjoys the presence and appreciates guidance of RTP as well as other willing and helpful members. I didn't originally want to post this here, but I have been told it might be nice to do so actually. The concept was based on an idea of serene aftermath sense of achievement, almost peaceful as a result of struggle. Hence the undisturbed ash and golden sand surrounding the helmet, as one respects past experience and gets pride in accomplishment, the central element to one's life and character. At least that's what I'd like to think...

Anyway, without any further drama, this here piece was modelled, sculpted, painted and rendered 99.9% in Blender with Cycles, with colour correction and just a teeny smidgen of cloning in PS. Unfortunately NOT done with ProRender because of temperamental Vega FE drivers still (getting weird blue screen, and I don't mean the one in Windows, literally just plain blue and it freezes), probably to some extent the plugin itself, maybe a final push off the stability cliff joyfully provided by Windows 10, I don't know, I still need to research the issue. I wish I had more time to work on it but I'm in the heats of a deadline and wanted a creative break from all the madness, figured I'd make it count. You can get a 4K version here.

WF_Spartan.jpg

If anyone wants a bit more in-depth explanation or generally has any Blender or 3D max or anything modelling/rendering/compositing in general just drop me a line and I'll be happy to assist.

Outcomes