1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2018 6:40 PM by adamth

Assistance Connecting Three Monitors

adamth

Hello,

I am trying to get three identical monitors to work. Usually I use one monitor, now I have a total of three.  I cannot get all to work at the same time.

From what I can conclude, and am asking here, is that for all three to work I need:

HDMI output ---> to HDMI input on monitor

DVI output ----> to HDMI Passive Adaptor ---> to HDMI input on monitor

DP output ---> to HDMI Active Adaptor ---> to HDMI input on monitor

Currently I do not have the Active Adaptor and I am assuming that is what I need.  I would like to know if that is correct before I purchase one.

Currently I have this arrangement and can only get a maximum of two monitors to work at the same time.

HDMI output ---> to HDMI input on monitor

DVI output ----> to HDMI Passive Adaptor ---> to HDMI input on monitor (I am assuming the adaptor here is Passive, it's just a little one inch female-male adaptor)

DP output ---> to HDMI Passive Adaptor ---> to HDMI input on monitor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details/Troubleshooting History

All monitors are Philips 216V6.  All have been tested independently and work.  All cables have been tested and work.

I have updated BIOS.

I have updated graphic card drivers.

Graphics card is AMD HD Radeon 6800.

I have Windows 10.  It is up to date.

When the computer is restarted, the middle and right screen display the post screen/BIOS.  Then when the login screen appears only the middle and left screen display picture.

When any monitor is connected, Windows makes that gentle beep/chirping noise.

All monitors appear in device manager.

When I go into AMD's Catalyst Controller, if I go to "Creating and Arranging Desktops," three monitor icons are there. Two of them have "1" and "2".  If I right click the monitor without a number and select Extend, I get a message that says "To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled."

I hope I have provided enough details.

Thank you!