1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2017 7:58 PM by schwiftyshield

Ryzen 1700X idle clock speed at 2200 MHz, doesn't get any lower.

tommaso_s

Hi everyone, I hope someone has an answer for this because I tried everyting to no use.

I am not an expert, and I know basically nothing about overclocking.

My motherboard is the Asus X370 Prime Pro, the processor is the Ryzen 1700X, the PSU is the Corsair CS650M, and I am using the Noctua NH-D15s with noctua thermal paste. The OS is Windows 10.

Immediately after installation the CPU was perfect: from the Ryzen Master software I could see that the clock speed adapted to the use I put it through, ranging from very low frequency (I think about 400MHz) to the highest non overclocked frequency of 3400MHz.

Then I installed the Asus Dual Intelligent Processors 5 software and, without knowing what it was, I ran the 5 way optimization.

This resulted in the MoBo trying different overclocking speeds to see what was the highest stable frequency, and it stopped at 4000MHz.

This is when I went into panic mode since the CPU ran constantly at 4GHz and subsequently the temperature was exponentially rising.

I switched off the PC, reset in the BIOS the values to standard pressing F5 and turned the PC on again.

The problem now is that the CPU doesn't reach low speeds in idle, the minimum is 2000MHz as you can see from the screenshot below.

download.png

I tried everyting, from tweaking the Windows 10 power saving settings to manually changing parameters (pretty much randomly) on the BIOS.

I tried changing profiles on the Ryzen Master app, but aparently nothing happens, even after applying the new profile.

I updated the BIOS to the most recent version, and the problem still occurs.

Thank you in advance.

(I am not a native speaker, so in case I wrote something wrong I'll be glad to clarify in the comments)