3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 3:25 AM by painful8th

No application/game profiles created upon graphics driver install

painful8th

Computer Type: Desktop built from components

GPU: Factory overclocked ASUS Strix RX480 8Gb (no Crossfire)

CPU: i5-4570 (no o/c)

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait

RAM: 2x8Gb DDR3 sticks, no XMP, no O/C (sorry don't recall other info)

PSU: Corsair 650W, don't recall the exact model.

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 x64 pro (creator's edition)

GPU Drivers: Tried both 17.7.2 and beta 17.10.x

Chipset Drivers: Unknown

Background Applications: System is running with no apps apart from AV (ESET NOD32) and Skype preview

Description of Original Problem: I had an Asus Strix RX480 8Gb card initially installed to my son's rig. Worked like a charm. I believe that application profiles were created for the various games installed. AMD drivers were 17.7.2 on Windows 10 x64 build (creator's update)

Son's rig got upgraded, so his RX480 went my way (good for the dad). Installed it on my rig (same specs, Win 10 x64 creator's update) , on which I had some Afterburner version installed. Card worked like a charm and still does, albeit one thing: no application profiles were created for games etc.

Of importance might be the fact that my games/apps are spread over the boot (SSD) disk and a larger HDD.

Troubleshooting: I read that Afterburner might be the culprit, so I uninstalled it, and then uninstalled/reinstalled the AMD drivers. Still no profiles. Yesterday I downloaded the latest 17.10.something drivers and selected also a clean install. Same result.

Trying to scan for applications to be added as profiles, does not display anything at all. I am clueless as to what to do to have profiles appear... Any help will be appreciated.