4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2017 10:56 PM by cupitr

No signal to monitor on RX 580

adrian321

Hi,

The issue is:

I have just bought an RX 580 4GB OC edition, and installed it in my desktop.

However, I do not get any signal at all to my monitor. Not even bios, start-up screen etc. I have tried two different cables, two different monitors, and most of the outputs on the GPU.

The LED near the PCI-E at the RX 580 is shining white, which I interpret as power input is OK.

It seems to me as if the BOOT is going trough: all fans are ok, and the keyboard and mouse are indicating some sort of start up after a while. I actually believe I get all the way to the windows login screen, but am unsure how I can get this confirmed.

I have tried waiting for about 5 minutes without getting any signal to the monitor.

I have installed the drivers that followed on the CD in the package (AMD Display Driver 17.10), (with a different GPU connected (GTX 670), if that makes any difference).

I have Ryzen 5, which I understand has no integrated graphics, so that I can't access the BIOS without the GPU working (as far as I know - any tips here appreciated).

When I change back to the old setup - that is, installing the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - everything works like normal. I have changed back and forth a couple of times without any different result.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit:

I tried removing all AMD drivers by using DDU ( http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-unin... ), where the PC was turned off directly after, and I tried changing to the RX 580 immediately. This did not make a difference.

Setup info:

Win 10 64bit.

amd ryzen 5 1600 cpu

asus prime b350-plus am4

corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz : CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W

wd red 2tb sata 6gb/s 64mb cache interna

samsung c24fg70 23.5"

logitech corded keyboard k280e (pan) oem

Define C Fractal

Asus PCE-AC55BT AC1200

Corsair RM550x 550W ATX 80+ Gold

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

or

ASUS Radeon RX 580 4GB OC edition

Regards,

Adrian

• Re: No signal to monitor on RX 580
          barabajagal

What bios are you using?  Uefi bios or uefi csm (legacy) mode.  If it is the latter, your 580 is not compatible with that mode. Your 670 is an older card and compatible with uefi csm legacy mode and that's why it lights up when installed.  Research how you can change your bios to a uefi bios or try to disable legacy mode.

bosleymw

Have you tried using the DVI output from the GPU?

I ask, because I'm having similar problems. I can only get a signal through DVI, and that even gets killed in Windows if I install drivers for the RX 580.

Here are my specs:

ASRock AB350 Pro4 AM4 ATX mobo

AMD Ryzen 5 1500x 3.5GHz

MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB OC edition

16GB (2×8GB) GSKILL DDR4-3000 Trident Z

ATNG 600W 80 plus PSU

WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200RPM

Corsair H60 liquid cooling system

Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit

Acer x193w / AOC G2460pf 1920x1080 144Hz monitor with Freesync.

Any signal I do get comes with weird lines across the screen much like is shown in this thread: Artifacts and vertical lines on screen

For the record, I updated my BIOS to the latest version (3.30) which is definitely UEFI, and my problems persist. I have no clue what the problem is, but I suspect we've all got the same one.

bosleymw

I should also note that I can only get a DVI signal if there are no other cords plugged into the RX 580. If I have HDMI or DP plugged in along with the DVI when I try to boot, there is no signal at all.

cupitr

Pretty much the same problem here. I got it to post by using only 1 stick of ram and having my Windows USB inserted. Not really sure why it decided to pass post, but it did. Now it's running with both sticks in, but I get constant display driver crashes resulting in black screen flashes/no signal to monitor until the driver restarts. This problem doesn't happen until the display drivers are installed. I've tried every troubleshooting tip I could find including:

-Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of All AMD drivers using DDU (Safe Mode) and AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

-SFC and DISM Windows commands to check for errors

-BIOS Update

-MemTes86 4 passes no errors

-Regedit to add TdrDelay (just froze for longer before crashing)

The only option I have now really is returning the video card and hoping the next one works....