AnsweredAssumed Answered

No signal to monitor on RX 580

Question asked by adrian321 on Oct 13, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 by fallenpaladin

Hi,

The issue is:

I have just bought an RX 580 4GB OC edition, and installed it in my desktop.

However, I do not get any signal at all to my monitor. Not even bios, start-up screen etc. I have tried two different cables, two different monitors, and most of the outputs on the GPU.

The LED near the PCI-E at the RX 580 is shining white, which I interpret as power input is OK.

It seems to me as if the BOOT is going trough: all fans are ok, and the keyboard and mouse are indicating some sort of start up after a while. I actually believe I get all the way to the windows login screen, but am unsure how I can get this confirmed.

I have tried waiting for about 5 minutes without getting any signal to the monitor.

I have installed the drivers that followed on the CD in the package (AMD Display Driver 17.10), (with a different GPU connected (GTX 670), if that makes any difference).

I have Ryzen 5, which I understand has no integrated graphics, so that I can't access the BIOS without the GPU working (as far as I know - any tips here appreciated).

When I change back to the old setup - that is, installing the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - everything works like normal. I have changed back and forth a couple of times without any different result.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit:

I tried removing all AMD drivers by using DDU ( http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-unin... ), where the PC was turned off directly after, and I tried changing to the RX 580 immediately. This did not make a difference.

Setup info:

Win 10 64bit.

amd ryzen 5 1600 cpu

asus prime b350-plus am4

corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz : CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W

wd red 2tb sata 6gb/s 64mb cache interna

samsung c24fg70 23.5"

logitech corded keyboard k280e (pan) oem

Define C Fractal

Asus PCE-AC55BT AC1200

Corsair RM550x 550W ATX 80+ Gold

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670