2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2017 8:30 PM by keithb

AMD Radeon settings thinks no AMD graphics driver is installed, and wont launch

keithb

Hi,

I updated to the latest graphics driver using the prompts on the AMD Radeon Settings application. It went through its business then I guess it did't install properly.  The display was very slow and laggy.  I went to device manager and found that windows thought the drivers were not working, so I had windows look up and install the drivers and now the everything works.

Windows thinks the graphics drivers are installed and functioning, however the Radeon Settings application thinks they are not installed and gives me an error when i try to load AMD Radeon Settings.   So I did a clean uninstall of all AMD software and reloaded all drivers to see if it would fix the issue still.  It did not work, I still have the same issue. 

The error message says the following:

"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.  Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." 

R7 Graphics integrated graphics + RX 460 dedicated graphics

Laptop: ASUS FX550I

Windows 10 64 Bit

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.2

1080p 60hz laptop display

Motherboard no idea... ASUSTek Computer Inc.

FX-9830P

No power supply.

4 GB Ram

Maybe because this laptop has integrated and dedicated graphics the new drivers aren't switching properly?