1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2017 10:17 AM by whiskey-foxtrot

Ryzen master incompatible with 1590x threadripper

stormers

I have bought a Ryzen thread ripper with the ASUS zenith extreme, the problem that I am having is that the processor is only using 8 cores, I do not know how to set the processor so that I can use the 16 cores. I have tried to use the Ryzen master download but it is not compatible. I have only got this processor  5 days ago and I am new in the AMD field, coming from Intel based processors. Please help

• Re: Ryzen master incompatible with 1590x threadripper
          whiskey-foxtrot

Hi, congratulations on your Ryzen Threadripper build. Unless you have the Ryzen Threadripper 1900X, it should indeed show 16 Cores with the 1920X or 1950X.

Please make sure that you have the correct Ryzen Master app for your CPU; download the threadripper version of Ryzen Master here: AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

If you have the wrong version installed, make sure you completely uninstall it first before installing the correct version. If/once you have the correct version installed, make sure you do not have Legacy mode enabled or gaming mode enabled.

big_ryzen-master-threadripper.jpg.jpg

(I do not have Windows installed on my Threadripper build, so I can not take a more recent screenshot for you, but the above should help somewhat)

2 of 2 people found this helpful