5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 4:48 AM by amdmatt

HP Pavilion dv6-3112sl Compatible With Windows 10?

pgiovanni

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv6-3112sl (OS Windows 10 Pro). As you can see in the screenshot, there is yellow triangle on the graphics card "AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series".

I updated all drivers which are available on the official site (AMD). I asked also to microsoft community, but they told me that is a problem about AMD and not about windows 10.

It's weird, because after drivers installation there isn't yellow triangle. It appear when I reboot system. Do you know why?

Sincerely,

Giovanni

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salve,

Ho un laptop HP Pavilion dv6-3112sl. Come si può vedere dall'immagine che segue, sulla scritta della scheda video compare un triangolo giallo con un punto interrogativo al suo interno.

Non riesco a capire perché. Al passaggio del cursore sul triangolo, non esce nessun messaggio. Ho provato a disinstallare le schede video e installarle di nuovo, ma non è cambiato nulla. Ho cercato i driver sul sito ufficiale di AMD, e non ho risolto ugualmente. Ho riferito il tutto ad un esperto della Microsoft, ma mi ha detto che non è un problema relativo al sistema operativo (windows 10), ma ai driver della scheda video. La cosa strana è che quando termina l'installazione dei driver, il triangolo scompare. Poi quando riavvio il sistema, il triangolo compare di nuovo. Perché?

driver.JPG

Grazie,

Giovanni

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Graphics card: drivers no work
          ray_m

If you're running Windows Creators Update, then there are no compatible drivers for your card.

The HD5000 series have been moved to legacy and while they supported under pre Creators Update versions of Windows, they are not supported with the Creators Update.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              pgiovanni

Ok. Is there any version of windows 10 which drivers work?

Version 1511  - 11/12/2015 (November Update) = work?

Version 1607  - 08/02/2016 (Anniversary Update)= work?

Version 1703  - 04/11/2017 (Creators Update) = drivers no work;

Version 1709  - 10/17/2017 (Fall Creators Update 2017) = drivers no work;

It's the same thing with windows 8.1? Or do I must install windows 7(initial OS)? What do you think about?

PS.: If I continue to use windows 10 (creators update version), without the right drivers, what happen?

Sincerely,

GP

elstaci

Need to contact HP Support and find out if your laptop is compatible to be upgraded to Windows 10 version. From HP Support, your laptop model only offers drivers for Windows 7 and none for Windows 10. Which indicates that your laptop was meant to run on Windows 7 rather than Windows 10. That is why I suggest you contact HP Support and find out if you are able to run Windows 10 on your laptop.

Each OEM customizes their GPU chip to run according to the laptop's spec for heat and power.  It is always best to install the OEM drivers rather than the generic drivers from AMD or NVIDIA. The AMD/Nvidia generic drivers don't take into account the laptop specs and could even damage the laptop if used.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                amdmatt

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.