AnsweredAssumed Answered

Graphics card / driver or monitor issue? AG271QX Corruption

Question asked by eaglephoenix on Oct 4, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 by eaglephoenix

Dear all,

Hopefully this is the correct forum, if not - do feel free to move as required.

I have recently bought a new screen (AG271QX), but am still running on my R9 380 4G MSI GPU for the time being (awaiting AIB Vega 56). After installing this screen (my first >60Hz / >1080p), all works as intended, except sometimes during start up and now suddenly when watching FB-video. This issue does not always happen and is currently resolved by closing/minimizing said video and reopening again.

IMG_20171004_175423.jpg

Issue at hand: thin red stripes accross the screen. See picture attached. Sorry for the awful quality, but I had to take it in a hurry before it went away again..
In any case: would this be GPU or monitor related? I did not have this on my (very old) 1080p screen, but could also be because the R9 380 is coincidently giving up and/or being strained too hard. I've also done the latest AMD driver 17.9.3.

I am using the screen through DP instead of HDMI, etc.

Pleased to hear any helpful info in the direction I have to look at. Problem being, if I wait till i have the Vega 56 AIB, my return time on the screen may be well passed (since no ETA on said cards).

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes