0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2017 12:23 AM by attillad

It took forever to get answers, so I got them elsewhere, & my system rocks!

attillad

Was building a new rig and was not sure of a few things, so naturally I get on the MNFR's sites and ask for help. THAT was the beginning of a fruitless search for answers and a great deal of wasted time. I ended up having to ask on some hacker/builder sites to get real help.   ADVICE FROM "GEEKS" AND FROM Anandtech was not bad and I FINALLY got the Ryzen support guys to give me an answer after only a week of waiting. I had a few spots where I thought I was gonna lose my mind, but when all is said and done, my machine is fully functional and purrs like a LION!
      MY BUILD stats:
      GIGABYTE- GA-AX370 GAMING(rev 1.0)
      RYZEN 5-1600 6-CORE - 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W. w/stock Wraith-Spire Thermal solution
      EVGA GeForce GTX-750ti  gfx card w/latest driver

MUSHKIN BLACKLINE - PC4-2400 -16Gb (2@8Gb) DDR4 which is operating currently @ 3200 without my prompting it to run at that high a number

SK hynix-120Gb-SSD-2.5"SATAIII -TLC INTERNAL -model- SL308  as my PRIMARY DRIVE
      3X @ SEAGATE  2000Gb VIDEO 3.5 HDDs FOR STORAGE
      EVGA 100-B1-0500-KR-80 PLUS Bronze 500W - ATX - PSU

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SP-1 updated to end of support
      HAD TO INSTALL THE O.S. THRU MEANS OF A JUMP-DRIVE THRU U.S.B. AND LOADED INITIAL DRIVERS SAME METHOD.
      MY RIG IS NOT OC'd, IS RUNNING WITH MOST SUGGESTED UPDATES & APPS INSTALLED - NOTE- INSTALL ORDER MAKES A DIFFERENCE WITH THIS SOFTWARE
      MY DDR4 MEMORY IS NOT LISTED AS COMPATIBLE BY NAME, BUT SHOULD BE - WORKS LIKE A CHARM

I WOULD SUGGEST TO BUY NO HIGHER Spd/Fqcy THAN 2400 AS THE CPU KICKS IT UP TO 3200 ON ITS OWN. HIGHER SPEEDS ARE HAVING ISSUES SO FAR.
      IF YOU BUILD FOR WINDOWS 7, KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE SUPPORTED BY RYZEN, BECAUSE WINDOWS STOPPED SUPPORT FOR 7, BUT IT RUNS 7 FINE.

I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS SOMEONE, I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE HAD IT.