Issue: Unable to make Windows 10 VM (Master Image) work with AMD MxGPU Partition (e.g.: 0000:84:00.0 | Tonga S7150). The after assigning the virtual GPU Card to VM and installing drivers the machine blackouts, while it allowed to work with it before installing the drivers. However if the Card is removed the display gets restored.
Card: FirePro S7150V
Scenario: We are looking at a University setup with 6 Host VMware Cluster configured on Dell PowerEdge R730 running on VMware 6.5 environment with Horizion View 7.2
Will need to eventually assign and make work a group of VDI Desktop Float pool of about say 30 VM’s which will be used for Students LABS with some Graphics intensive applications.
VCenter: 6.5.0 (5705665)
Dell PowerEdge R730 (Hypervisor) VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 5969303
• Enabled IOMMU (Intel VT)
• Enabled SR-IOV
• Enabled above 4G space memory mapping IO.
• Enabled UEFI Boot.
• ARI in CMOS? (Not Found)
Card: FirePro S7150
Driver Packages Installed:
- radeon-pro-software-enterprise-17.q2-apr26 for Windows 10
- Verified Host BIOS Settings except ARI in CMOS (Radeon Pro Settings for VMware vSphere Client User Guide v1.0)
- Installed Host Drivers (Versions Mentioned above)
- Installed the Plug-in on VMware vCenter Server
- Partitioned the GPU using the VMware Plug-in
- Assigned the PCI Device (vGPU) to VM (Mater Image)
- Took a remote session using VMware Horizion View Client (Direct Agent)
- Installed Drivers (Version mentioned above)
The after assigning the virtual GPU Card to VM and installing drivers the machine blackouts, while it allowed to work with it before installing the drivers. However if the Card is removed the display gets restored.