5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2017 10:19 AM by kingfish

Latest Driver Updates Cause Problems with Illustrator CC's 'GPU Preview' Mode.

n0b3dience

I have submitted bug reports regarding this problem to AMD after the past few driver updates and, still, nothing has been done about it. Following a driver update several months back (maybe 2 stable releases back, but that's a guess) I started to experience problems while using the "GPU Preview" mode (vs. just using the CPU preview) while working in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017. Whenever I use an alternate blending mode on an object - "Multiply", "Overlay", "Color Burn", etc. - the object just appears black and opaque. I should also mention that this only seems to be an issue with Illustrator as I've tried the blending modes in Photoshop while using the GPU and everything appears correctly. This was not an issue prior to the driver update and everything displays correctly when I switch over to the "CPU Preview" mode, so it's more than likely that the issue is with the latest AMD drivers. My GPU is the MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've looked on the forums but haven't seen anything and I can't imagine that I'm the only person out there who has had this problem. Can anyone suggest a fix or workaround other than rolling back the driver? While I do use this computer for work, it is my own personal computer and I use it for gaming in my off hours so I'd don't want to be stuck using a dated driver until AMD finally sorts out this issue (if they ever do - like I said, I have reported the problem a couple times already). If anyone has any suggestions or would like any other information from me, please, just leave a post and I'll reply as soon as I can. Thank you.