2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 2:47 AM by kingfish

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - abysmal performance RX480

blinks66

Hey AMD,

I'm posting here because I've run out of options. I have spent hours tweaking, optimizing, and adjusting settings in PUBG to no avail. It seems no matter what I do, the game still runs like a stuttering, hitching mess, and the frame rate is all over the place. Given the hardware I currently have, I should absolutely be able to run it no problem. (RX480 4gb, AMD FX-8370, 16gb ram. Games on an SSD. No page file. I've done every tweak, and optimization under the sun.)

I setup PUBG recently for a friend and his nvidia 770 is getting a solid 60-70 fps. No stuttering. On my RX480 I'm getting 25-70fps. It seems to drop the most near towns. But the stuttering seems random, it just happens all the time, even when my frame rate is 60-70. I've been waiting for months for this to get fixed, and as this game gets more and more popular, you can bet more and more people are going to be making this same complaint.

Here are my current graphics profile settings (although i've tried everything)

https://i.imgur.com/Ykr2bpU.png