2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 7:04 AM by kingfish

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE issue - help!

workoutottawa

This computer (Gateway DX4831-01c) originally had Windows 7 home premium and we were experiencing some hard drive issues. We purchased a brand new hard drive and thought Windows 10 was still downloadable for free - microsoft luckily helped us get a free version of Windows 10 Pro. Everything was fine - we have dual displays by the way.

This is my parents house but it isn't their main computer and they hadn't used it in a while - I turned it on and it started flickering on the login page to sign into windows it restarted i couldn't get the full message except for "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and that it was collecting information and it restarted. It did it again.

I was fine for a few hours, until it did it again with no warning. I've read it can be because of graphic intensive stuff but I literally am just web browsing - this computer has 6GB of RAM. I also read on the forum from someone and it looks like from the AMD website that the drivers are officially only good for Windows 8.... so what would you suggest?

Should I download Driver Display Uninstaller and then just use Microsoft's - I understand it's going to be more limited and dual display won't work - which isn't a huge deal. But someone else had the same issue and said even after doing that, he still had the same problem.

I scanned the disk in 'My Computer' after right-clicking on the hard drive, it found no issues. I also did SFC / SCANNOW in Command Prompt and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Please help!