Radeon software: 17.9.3
Graphics chipset: AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, 4 gig HBM
Windows: 10 (64 bit)
System memory: 16 GB
CPU: Intel i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz
Mother board: Asrock Fatal1ty H170 Performance, BIOS 7.1 (latest)
Power supply: 1200Watts
HDD: Combination of SDD for Windows, SSD for Ark Survival Evolved, and everything else installed on a Western Digital black and a Western Digital blue.
Monitor: Samsung U28D590, using display port primarily
Fault: Everything was working fine until about three months ago. PC started crashing me out of all Unreal Engine games (ARK, Playerunknown Battlegrounds, Bound in blood) after about 30 minutes. The outcome is always the same; screen goes black, after about 30 seconds the desktop comes up in ultra low res and windows reports that the application has lost access to the display adapter, Catalyst reports that a link failure has occurred, and the game continues running but is unresponsive. All my games that do not use the Unreal Engine run fine (Witcher 3, GTA V, Doom, Space Engineers etc).
PROBLEM SOLVING SO FAR
- I have installed and tested every Radeon driver from 17.2.1 - 17.9.3 (no luck).
- Changed display port cables (no luck)
- Tried HDMI (no luck)
- I have updated the MB BIOS (no luck). I have removed and reinstall all hardware on the MB (no luck).
- I have disconnected all HDD (except Windows) one by one and tested for stability (no luck).
- I have ran sfc /scannow and DISM.exe as suggested on Driver Easy: "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" Error on Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
I have read that the same conflict between AMD and Unreal Engine games has occurred frequently in the past (2014 - 2016). It seems like to much of a coincidence. Could you please investigate?