memeboi2k17

GPU 1: AMD Radeon 520

GPU 2: Radeon R5 Graphics

CPU: A9-9420

RAM: 8 GB

Memory: 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

Laptop: HP 15-BW091ND

Problem:

My HP laptop (Which I own for around 4 weeks now) will detect my dedicated gpu in HWMonitor but it will never use it in any games, I get poor performance on weak games like League of Legends (40-60 FPS on low graphics). I even used a GPU Benchmark program (Superposition Benchmark) and that will only use my R5 Graphics aswell.

What I have tried:

- Using auto detect to install drivers.

- Manually searching up the latest drivers.

- All of the above but uninstalled my drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller beforehand.

- Messing around with Radeon Crimson and Mini CCC (Putting everything on High Performance and such.)

I think there is just something physically wrong with my GPU or Windows 10 is acting up, does anyone know how I can fix this?

• Re: Dedicated gpu not working
          kingfish

That is a entry level APU that is not going to give you high fps in modern pc games. 40-60 fps is about what to expect at low graphics.

PassMark CPU Lookup

"With a base clock of 3.0 GHz and a boost up to 3.6 GHz, the A9-9420 offers decent enough performance for basic office applications and light web browsing. However, anything heavier than casual use will overwhelm the CPU."

"Using Cinebench R15 to analyze CPU performance, we see that single core operation is good and relatively good compared to other low-cost options. Indeed, single-core applications run at a decent clip and are reasonably responsive, considering the price. However, multi-core tasks are too much for the dual-core chip. Even low-tiered CPUs from Intel, like the Pentium N3540, best the A9-9420. This is mainly due to the lack of any kind of multithreading; the A9 is limited to two threads, which becomes a major hindrance. "

• Re: Dedicated gpu not working
              memeboi2k17

Even though my CPU isn't amazing it should still be able to run league of legends without any problems at all.

Several tests on www.canyourunit.com tells me that I have a recommended set-up for the games I play, I am pretty sure recommended does not mean 40-60 fps on the lowest graphics.