AnsweredAssumed Answered

Youtube videos lags/stuttering in any browser with any crimson driver

Question asked by daggerfall on Sep 26, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 by daggerfall

It so simple and common feature, accelerate videos with video card, but crimson with amd cards can't do it right way.
I posted here and reported to amd feedback form that problems, seems no one care.
Found post from 2016 with that problem here it is - The driver version 16.12 on Youtube lagging in full screen mode.
Solution - turn off hardware acceleration. Nice! I have video graphic accelerator and I must use software CPU render to watch youtube videos in 2017?!, yes, it helped, it's ok on AMD-FX 8350 where 1080 video using about 30% usage, and not ok on athlon x4 where it using 60% of cpu! Also "Nice" energy effectivity on FX what 125Wt TPD! On versions 17.2+ all videos have vsync off effect/choppy, now it just lags.
I tried latest chromium 63, it can't even use acceleration on amd, it enabled but not used, gpu stay at 300/150mhz and cpu usage high. It's clearly driver problem, when it's fixed?

Describe your system:

AMD Graphics Card

Radeon 7770 HD

Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 64bit 1703, updates

Driver version installed

17.9.2 Crimson

Display Devices

DVI Benq VW2220, 60Hz

Motherboard + Bios Revision

Gigabyte A88XMD3H F10

CPU/APU

Athlon II X4 840

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Chieftech APS 550

RAM

8GB

Describe your issue:

Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue. - Youtube videos lags, dropped frames, especially with 60 fps. Lags less on 1440p. Has no diffence fullscreen or not - it lags less or more, GPU - has 400Mhz when watching videos and memory 1150.

Details about applications/games affected (including version number) - Firefox 55,57 x86 and 64/Chromium 63

Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings) - default

If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue - example Star Trek Voyager - Blu-ray 1080p HD Intro fan mockup - YouTube

Outcomes