33 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2017 10:38 AM by t-m-k

CODE 43 PLEASE HELP

christiand356

I have radeon 560 graphics card in my pc, i try to install drivers and they dont work when they are done intstalling i get Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) and when i try to open radeon settings i get this. in both pictures this is what i get anyone know how to fix?

• Re: CODE 43 PLEASE HELP
          gemini002@hotmail.com

Same thing just happened with my Vega 64...

gemini002@hotmail.com

Windows 10 latest updates

x370 Asrock killer sli

16 gb ram 3066

Ryzen 1700

750 PSu corsair gold

Vega 64 powercolor

DDU several times.Also amd uninstall utility several times. Tried all drivers same issue

I did a bug report

goodplay

All those NVidia drivers ?. Shutdown your mining for updating the driver ?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    spikeypup

I agree with Goodplay, your first stop is to uninstall all the Nvidia stuff if possible, the report doesn't show whether you have Nvidia HW installed or not, so if you don't, definitely uninstall all of that stuff, and I'd run DDU and set it for Nvidia Uninstallation, then also do an AMD removal as well.  Then try to do a clean install with the AMD driver package you downloaded.  Let us know how it goes!  The mining software you have should be OK, but I definitely would not run GETH while trying to install the driver package.

Cheers, hope you can get it working, let us know!

Spikeypup

gemini002@hotmail.com

So I tried this card in another rig same problem.. This rig I did have a GTX 1080 I took it out and uninstalled Nvidia completly. Same thing error 43 and when I try to open radeon it says Radeon settings are currently Not unavailable please try again after connecting AMD graphics

spikeypup

Hmmm interesting.  Was this 560 used heavily for mining or purchased on the "used:" market by chance?  I'm wondering if it took a beating doing some mining and is now having issues of some sort,  have you tried a BIOS update/flash of this card?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                spikeypup

Since you tried two different systems for this with the same result, that is why I'm thinking there may be an issue with the card itself hardware wise.  The only thing you can try to do is completely uninstall the drivers again, and allow windows to try to manually update the drivers with WHQL drivers from Windows Update, there is a possibility that your Windows DriverStore device drivers for Radeon are messed up, but on two different systems, that would be odd, unless you are doing something else that is possibly being replicated on the other system by way of how you are doing things.   Use the Device Manager to uninstall the video card, be sure to check the box that says "Uninstall Software/Drivers for This Device" and continue to uninstall the video device, whatever it appears to be until you just end up with the MS Basic Renderer device, and you can no longer click a box for uninstall software/drivers.  Once that is all done, restart the PC, check in device manager again the status and what device it is, right click on it, and click on Update Drivers and then "Search Automatically..." try to note whether it seems to be installing from a local driver, or if it is downloading them from Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes...Thanks!

Spikeypup

elstaci

I was at another forum where a similar problem was occurring with code 43.  Turns out the poster purchased a certain GPU card from Amazon Warehouse. Turned out the card that was sent to him was a different GPU card with the Cowl (Heatsink cover and fan) with the correct GPU he wanted. So basically the poster was trying to install the wrong gpu driver for the wrong GPU card thus getting a code 43. He send it back and received a correct GPU card that wasn't fraudulent. The GPU drivers installed without a problem.

So it is important to know where the card was purchased from. The Radeon RX 560 doesn't have any GPU power connectors.

goodplay

OP has 560, gemini001 has vega64.

Don't understand why both gemini001 prwreports show win8 (dual boot or trying to install win10 graphics drivers to win8 OS ?).

dookie

I'm getting the same problem with MSI RX 460 2gb.  I also tried reinstalling the drivers, using DDU, etc.   The worst part of it is I called MSI, and they told me to contact AMD or Microsoft, but since there's no guarantee you would help, and I didn't want to get the run around, so the MSI tech suggested I do a fresh install of windows on a clean HD, which is not an option since I have no backup SATA HDDs at the moment, only IDE drives. 

Therefore, I did a "Windows Reset" using windows troubleshooting which basically uninstalls everything and reinstalls windows without removing my personal files. MSI support is terrible because I tried that, and I'm still getting "error 43," except now I'm missing all my programs/apps/games!

AMD Settings won't load.  All the online resources indicate it could be like a dozen different things.  I seriously doubt I got a "dud" because it was working fine weeks ago, which was when the new drivers came out, and I didn't even notice the problem until I fired up some apps that needed graphics acceleration (I don't game or use graphics intensive software every day).  There has some way to narrow it down.

Just to reiterate: this happened after I updated the Crimson drivers.  Everything was working fine, but I didn't notice the Error 43 until I tried firing up a game recently.  It could be a few weeks since this happened.

WIN 10 64bit

Z97S-SLI-Krait-Edition  (updated bios already earlier this year, no new firmware)

16gb RAM  1866mhz

i5-4690k

corsair 650W bronze

dookie

I wish I didn't do the windows reinstall because now all the OS tweaks and my apps are gone, and because I hardly game and I'm in a worse predicament.    This error code 43 is way too broad, and I guess that's Microsoft's fault.  Somehow I doubt they could help.   In any case, any way to narrow this down or troubleshoot/fix would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, I tried an older version of the drivers too, still no dice.

dookie

UPDATE:

I'm not sure why my reply to this thread is still under moderation.  Is it because I said something negative about customer support from one of AMD's partners?  I didn't use foul language and simply explained my particular experience.  Oh well, perhaps the mods are just taking their time with new users.

In any case, I managed to fix this problem on my own.  This solution is probably not recommended unless it's the last resort.  I moved the card to a different PCI-E and that didn't help either.  However, after I flashed the BIOS on my MSI RX 460 to a previous version of the firmware, reinstalled the drivers, and now finally everything is in working order and the error code 43 went away.

Word of caution:  usually people tell you to flash the motherboard instead, but since I have the newest version of the firmware, I didn't do that.  However, flashing the graphics card firmware is extremely risky.  The first time I did it unsuccessfully, it turned my card into a brick, and I had to use integrated graphics on the motherboard while flashing the RX 460 again.

Still, I'm regretting doing the "windows reset" reinstall because I have to completely reconfigure windows and reinstall all my apps.  Please, tech support people, I understand a fresh OS install can solve many problems/issues.  However, don't just tell your customers this is what they should do when you run across an error code that you've never heard about.  It is extremely frustrating when it doesn't solve the problem.  Thank you.

t-m-k

Thank you so much for encouraging me to flash the BIOS!

I've spent last 2 days trying to solve CODE 43 issue using internet advisory on my new MSI RX 560 4 GB BIOS card - with no success.

What worked was to flash the VBIOS

Let me describe details. My config is:

• Windows 10 64-bit
                                        • 10GB RAM
                                        • Gibabyte ga-f2a55m-ds2 board

After software updates I'm using the newest drivers:

• Windows 10, 1709, 16299.125
                                        • Radeon drivers 23.20.15007.1005 (from 17.12.2017)

With all above I've still got the error code 43. What I did was:

1. Download ATI Flash

Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp

2. Make a current BIOS backup

3. Update the BIOS to the only present & validated I found:

VGA Bios Collection: MSI RX 560 4096 MB | TechPowerUp

Here it is! After restart everything started to work as it was supposed to be from the beggining.

spikeypup

Dookie,

I can understand your frustration for sure.  Just a couple quick questions:

1. Have you tried downgrading drivers at all, or will no drivers install period?

2. Have you tried letting Windows self install the drivers from Windows Update?

3. Do the Integrated graphics on your i5-4690k show up in Device Manager as Good?

4. Have you tried running anything that requires acceleration using the Integrated Graphics, just to rule out some other factors that coincide with 3D?

5. Have you tried disabling the Integrated Graphics within the UEFI when having the RX installed?

6. Did you use DDU to uninstall ALL graphics software on your system, did you also try the AMD cleanup tool?

7. When install RX drivers are you using the Clean Install option?

Note:  When you have a new user account, moderation occurs.  Even my posts can get moderated and I've been here some time, not sure what triggers it on mine sometimes, probably just the length or when I use a lot of links, probably when the links are external to AMD.

Let us know how it goes, I'll look forward to your replies!  Also a few posts higher up you'll see I posted instructions on some certain windows reports, if you want to run those and send them back, that could prove helpful as well.  Thanks!

Spikeypup

dookie

Spikeypup,

Since I already resolved the problem myself, I need no further assistance.  However, I'll still try to answer your questions in case it you find it useful while helping others.  I fixed it by flashing the firmware on my MSI RX 460.

1)  The drivers would install, both 17.7.2 and 17.9.2 would install, but of course the problem was the exclamation symbol and "error code 43" under Device Manager.

2)  Yes, I tried removing the card from Device Manager and letting it install drivers automatically from windows update.

3)  Yes, the integrated graphics from the motherboard was good the whole time.  After I flashed the RX 460 the second time, and it was back in working order, I went and disabled it from BIOS since I don't need to use it at the moment.

4)  and 5)  The only time I enabled the integrated graphics is when I turned my graphics card into a brick from the first unsuccessful flash of the firmware.  After the second successful flash, I went back and disabled it again.

6) I used DDU to remove all the graphics software several times after install and reinstalling, including after MSI support told me to do a fresh OS install.  However, I never used the AMD cleanup tool.

7) I wasn't aware there was a "clean install" option or at least I don't think I was prompted.

Thanks for your reply, but I had already resolved this issue on my own, no thanks to MSI tech support.   Again, please don't tell customers/users to reinstall windows when you come across people with this "error 43" driver problem.  I managed to fix it by flashing the RX 460's firmware.  Now, I'm using crimson 17.7.2 with no issues at all so far.

gemini002@hotmail.com

I tried to flash bios but same issue .. That vega card was a dud..

dookie

Just to be clear: I flashed the firmware on the graphics card which, like I said, is pretty risky.  Flashing the motherboard BIOS (another MSI tech support suggestion) wouldn't have helped since I already did that earlier this year, and since this motherboard is several years old it was the newest version.  More importantly, nothing else on the motherboard was malfunctioning in any way. 

Fortunately, if you have a Vega 64, it's most likely still under warranty.

spikeypup

Dookie,

Glad you got it fixed.  Yes I understand your frustration with the Windows Reset Option, that's why I never recommend it unless it is the last resort and it is obvious to me that it will work, because I like you, have no desire to reinstall all my apps and settings.  Thanks for answering the questions, it's helpful to gain knowledge into the situation.  Just so you know, the answer to number 7 is that YES there is an option to do this in the Radeon installer, you must select "Custom Install" NOT Express, and then it will ask you if you want to do a 'Clean Install'.  This will then remove all drivers and reinstall them from "scratch" for your RX product.  Note that it will remove all AMD drivers including some chipset drivers and will need to reinstall those as well, however this process typically goes off without a hitch.  Just be sure to NEVER stop or cancel an install in progress, I've got some horror stories if you walk down that path.  Anyway, Cheers!

Spikeypup

dookie

Spikeypup,

Thanks for your help.

This particular MSI tech told me to

1.  Reinstall Windows with a fresh install.  (I used Windows Reset)

2.  Flash the motherboard BIOS/UEFI

3.  Contact AMD or Microsoft. 

I shouldn't have listened.

I just remembered I had flashed the RX 460 firmware earlier when it wasn't having any problems, so I went back to a previous version.  It's been several days, and I still haven't gotten around to reinstalling all my apps and reconfiguring my windows settings.

Again, thanks for the info.

Regards.