7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 5:08 PM by bridgemonger

Wacom 27Qhd not working with Vega FE

bridgemonger

No ideas.  Firepro interface lists both monitors as what they are.  LG TV main, Wacom 27qhd.  However, Windows 10 Device Manager lists them both as generic pnp monitors. Tried the latest Wacom Driver twice nothing seems to be working.  Pen works just fine on the Nvida Rig.  I was hoping since this is the "creative card" that it would be pretty much plug and play  ... so much for what I know.  I am thinking maybe I should uninstall and reinstall FirePro Drivers?  It seems counter intuitive to me to try game mode.  As after I get done fooling around with Zbrush etc, I might want to render and frankly I would want the higher compute functions for some remeshing and what not.  I'm not Computer Savvy, but I am remotely literate and can handle anything with good instruction. I'm feeling it's like 100% there's some sort of driver issue, and perhaps it's because I installed the amd chipset drivers after I installed the graphics/firepro drivers? Please advise.

Windows 10 home 1703 appears to be fully updated PC in question with issue is

AMD Ryzen 1950x

Gigabyte Aorus gaming 7 x399

Samsung 960 pro NvMe

32 (8x4) GB ddr4 uh 3200 gskill trident

Happy to provide more details as specified.

EDIT**
      Nerd excitement left me forgetting to plug in the USB .... /RAGE end user error.
      I'm going to leave this up momentarily maybe I shouldn't delete because it could be just that stupid for someone else?
      EDIT 2***

Alright,  it's on and then pen is working BUT, neither windows, nor the FirePro settings seem to make the full resolution available.  It's running 1920 x 1080 instead of 2560 x 1440 Ideas?

Maybe try beta drivers?
      ***EDIT 3***
      Haven't tried a DP to DP cable yet .... because I don't have one ...  The HDMI to DVI adapter worked on Nvida card, and I would assume the DVI to DP adapter that comes with the card would support higher res. That was initial setup. I grabbed a HDMI to DP cable and that doesn't work ... don't want to waste any more money on DP to DP just to have it not work.  REally suspecting drivers.

I chose the game development drivers ... please advise.

****EDIT 4****

Created a custom resolution ... works but seems blurry ... don't really know what I'm doing .... timing?  Thing is, more resolutions appeared when I created the one.

Message was edited by: paul harbin

• Re: Wacom 27Qhd not working with Vega FE
          bridgemonger

Alright,  it's on and then pen is working BUT, neither windows, nor the FirePro settings seem to make the full resolution available.  It's running 1920 x 1080 instead of 2560 x 1440 Ideas?

bridgemonger

Sigh .... had a custom resolution working briefly .... then system jumped into eyefinity on it's own, shortly after restarted .... cannot get the custom resolution back for my life .... I just want two displays ... and for them to have their native resolutions ... even available.

help please =(

jargon

Can you take a screenshot of System -> Software in Radeon Settings, then upload it?

bridgemonger

Overall
                      Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Software Version - BETA

Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Software Edition - Radeon (TM) Pro Software Enterprise

Graphics Chipset - Radeon Vega Frontier Edition

High Bandwidth Cache Size - 16368 MB

High Bandwidth Cache Type - HBM2

Core Clock - 1600 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 32 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor

Software

Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Settings Version - 2017.0807.260.3588

Driver Packaging Version - 17.30.1051-170807a-316968E-CrimsonReLive

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1614

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01292

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13492

OpenCL™ Version - 22.19.666.1

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0220

AMD Mantle API Version - 102400

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.1

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.6.0

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.51

Hardware

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Designed and built by AMD

Graphics Chipset - Radeon Vega Frontier Edition

Device ID - 6863

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 6B76

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1002

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16

BIOS Version - 016.001.000.004

BIOS Part Number - 113-D0501200-110

BIOS Date - 2017/06/28 16:19

High Bandwidth Cache Size - 16368 MB

High Bandwidth Cache Type - HBM2

High Bandwidth Cache Clock - 945 MHz

Core Clock - 1600 MHz

High Bandwidth Cache Bandwidth - 483 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 1.89 Gbps

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

(Additionally, if it helps)
                      I do go into advanced settings and turn on ITC 10 bit, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
                      From Wacom :

Displayable Colors (maximum) 1.07 billion (Requires DisplayPort and video card supporting 10 bit color)

Resolution 5080 lpi

(hope that helps somehow)

Eyefinity would almost work .... but that's JUST not an option.

I need the monitors to function independently, so when I open the programs I use the pen with they display full screen on the Wacom.  No luck.

Trying different Wacom Drivers for giggles. - (EDIT) No Luck.

Hope to get this beast working properly before I have to pack it all up for the move to Germany and after waiting almost 2 months for it, it will be plug and play.

bridgemonger

Just to note -  before switching drivers to beta I was having stability issues.  I got a full tach light ramp up and blue screen while @ idle with monitors off, playing music. Was also getting lots of flickers when monitors were powering on and off.  Beta is much more stable ... no gaming option.  I'm curious if the resolution would show up in the RX driver set .... but, that really defeats the entire purpose of building a new rig for  3d modeling/rendering/animation workloads.  I'm not trying to game anything .... but ESO when I need to relax, guess what, plays just fine ... on pro-drivers.

But, something is not quite right when a "professional card" for "workload/computation" purposes doesn't work with an industry best/standard pen display.  I pray to God that I am the idiot that did something wrong ... but it just doesn't seem to be the case so far.  Starting to regret spending the extra money on Vega FE liquid rather than Titan Xp.

bridgemonger

So, when switch the Wacom Cintiq 27Qhd to the hdmi port, jackpot. But when I plug the LG 43uj63 into a DP I get the same issue ...  I mean, is the reality that the Vega Frontier Edition can only handle one higher res monitor? Or, because I'm thinking a DP to DP cable is not going to fix this problem for me ... I'm hoping is just a driver/software issue for now? I really enjoyed my first 4k desktop experience ... /cry

"My God, what have I done?"

(edit)

So, I tried the 4k on hdmi to dp cable . The only one that didn't flicker and show apparent static when I plugged into it was the one immediately next to the HDMI port ... bad ports/card?
                    I really want to believe that a simple cable would fix my issue but, I'm not a believer.

(edit-2)

seems related. breathe and hope October or sooner beta drivers address a significant Issue. Almost exactly what I am experiencing minus 4 displays. And only one stable additional port working but, forcing down res.

Vega Frontier Edition - 6 displays blink/lose signal

bridgemonger

Alright, 
                      I broke down and got a Dp to Dp cable.  Both Monitors are functioning at native resolutions on power up.  Haven't check other ports to see if I still get the signal loss/flicker issue, but everything appears to be good.  No adapters or conversion cables work to the DP ports.  Any adapters on HDMI-port cables work fine. So, I am much happier, and can look forward to my hopeful clocking and voltages adjustments once I get unpacked after the big move.   Why does the Dp to dp cable seem so novel? Anyhow,

Thanks for the help,
                      me?