10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 5:59 AM by fynxer

multi gpu support

ozhaveruk

Hi

I see at the moment the latest AMD drivers for my cards are

• (Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 Driver Version 17.30.1041 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.662.4

and

• (Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 Driver Version 17.30.1091 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19

?Do these support more than  8 GPUs on windows

(if not when is driver supporting more than 8 gpus going to come out)

?What's the max GPU's supported by each driver

• Re: multi gpu support
          elstaci

Out of curiosity, but what motherboard supports 8 GPU on it?

also: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ozhaveruk

No sorry , and thank you but no old information. Please replies only from someone who specifically knows the technical specs of these drivers and possibly any plans for upcoming AMD drivers

amdmatt

Up to 8 works at the moment. We have nothing to announce regarding extending support for more GPUs at this time.

2 of 3 people found this helpful
                    ozhaveruk

Hi,

Thanks for the reply that you have nothing to announce.

Is this the official AMD response or it this your personal opinion?

Many many motherboards are in the market on sale that support more than 8 GPUs now. much more than there were in 2012 or previously.

The 8 GPU limit is quite an old one so I would like to know when will AMD advance it's technology and create drivers that can support the many multiGPU (8+) motherboards on the market today?

cybersurfer

Years ago, I built various computers, mostly with Nvidia graphics cards, sometimes for reasons of cost and, on request, my customers with ATI graphics cards. Never had I had real problems with Nvidia, but many with ATI.
                      At present, I am building various Mining Rig's. I thought because of many different information that since AMD ATD has been improved, so I tried again with AMD. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed. With such suppurt responses, as here, this is for me the best way never to block any more in my life an AMD graphics Card.
                      Hello your AMD people, unfortunately, the time has not stopped and Inovation is more the ever asked.

So I try to build a 12 graphics cards (8x RX 580 and 4X RX Vega) Mining Rig, for the Ethereum or ZChash mining.
                      Windows 10 x64 will be used as the operating system.

I request constructive solving of AMD to solve this problem.

ozhaveruk

I completely agree.

This is the official AMD "support" forum.

where is the support??

There are already more than 5 motherboards on the market by big name manufacturers such as ASUS, MSI, ASROCK etc that offer GPU support for MORE THAN 8 GPUS.

If all AMD have to say is that we have no plans and we have no news goes to show how little regard they have for customers

Disgusting!

ray_m

You have already received the official answer from amdmatt.  If the situation changes, he will update this thread.

fynxer

Well i have to thank you both at AMD for answering ozhaveruk question regarding support for more than 8 gpus.

Although your answer was like: We answered your question so don't come back before we update this thread.

Now i am going to give my honest opinion why Radeon Group treats the common miner like annoying gum under their shoe.

Seems to be little to no communication regarding the needs of miners although you make a piles of money off of miners.

Mining is here to stay and if you do not adapt to this new market and start drive development of new requested features i can bet you nVidia will.

Yes, you released a BlockChain driver BUT at the same time you stated this is beta and it will not be coming any updates.

Well that is like throwing the dog a dry bone and letting it starve in the backyard even though he is making you lots of money.

All that miners do is buy your product and make you money, if you have a problem with that you should exit the gpu market.

You should REALLY have an internal discussion how to make the most of ordinary at home miners. REMEMBER that 90% of these miners are also gamers.

1. Better communication to work on new features for the mining community with the mining community

2. Make a BlockChain driver with updates every 4 months ( that is only 3 times a year)

Is this really so hard, taking care of the customers that make you money?!

I heard that lots of people saying miners are screwing up the market by buying gpus, if you find this to be true you have a real problem.

Most manufacturers would kill for a opportunity where their market explodes with growth and expands their sales.

Sure mining does not have the comforting stability of the gaming market BUT it is up to you to adapt to this new market and capitalize from it as much as possible.

You should ask your shareholders what they think you should do BUT you already know the answer to that, make them money!!!

Don't treat miners like they have leopards, embrace and make the most out of the opportunity before nVidia pulls the rug from under you feet and you lose it all.

At home mining market is a tremendous opportunity and if you are active in this market you could even drive it to create more demand by working with the community with new features and optimizations.