1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 1:34 PM by ligazetom

Win10 seems to lose acces to all SATA HDD and SSD after few minutes (RAID mode)

ligazetom

Hey all,

I just upgraded my PC after 10 years. I got Ryzen 1800x, Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370 K7, 32GB G-Skill Trident Z, Win10 Home, OS is on nvme ssd in M.2. First, I hate that I still cannot overclock RAM to 3200MHz even after half a year.

Anyway I wanted one RAID1 with 2x2TB HDDs for work so I don't lose anything if something happens. During Win10 installation I installed  drivers that came with CD so I guess they are the ones that were made in 2016. I downloaded 17.30 update and drivers were uploaded to 8.1.0-00058. But anytime I booted the PC when the powersupply was unplugged before i got BSOD with driver powerstate failure, but was unable to find which driver were causing this, I suspected RAID so I then did what is mentioned in this thread AM4 X370 AMD-Raid Controller causes BSOD in Windows 10 (driver rcraid.sys /error: driver power state failure) , but now instead of crashing, HDDs and SSDs just stop responding after a while, no matter if cold boot or regular boot, I have to turn on the PC and restart for it to work. I tried to update all drivers for config, controller and bottom device, but I was unable to update bottom device drivers to 8.2.0-00024. For some reason Win10 cannot find the digital signature and even if I install them no disks get recognized. The config update is only delaying the time it takes for disks to stop responding.

Before updates, I've got notification from raidxpert app about medium and controller errors.

I am totally lost now, since the first restart takes like 4 minutes, so it seems like there is still something wrong with that powerstate or something. I even thought about getting back to AHCI and I would manually copy the files I need to HDDs currently in RAID 1 but I don't want to lose all data.

If someone has some idea what I could try I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I attach my diagnose file from raidxpert2.