12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 8:45 PM by jlfranklin28@yahoo.com

Need Help In GPU And Processor

venom

Hi All! So i am building my first Gaming PC but i am confuse about the GPU.I am thinking about AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB.I have saw several gaming videos on this Graphic card some videos shows great performance some shows very low performance i cant decide.I want to play high end games on this like GTA V,Battlefield 1,Overwatch,Mafia III and many more.so i am asking you all if someone has use this card please let me know the performance of it and if there is any good card in this price of range or little bit more expensive then this please let me know.Also i am confuse about choosing the Processor.There are 2 options in my mind AMD APU A6-5400K with Radeon HD 7540D and AMD APU A4 6300 with Radeon HD 8370D.Which processor is best and will be suitable with 8GB DDR3 Ram?

• Re: Need Help In GPU And Processor
          ajlueke

Hello venom,

I guess the first question I have is, what is your budget for said gaming PC?  The current generation RX 550 will give substantially better performance than an R7 250.  As far as the APUs go, have you already made a motherboard purchase?

venom

Hi ajlueke,

Yeah my budget is low but the GPU you just mentioned i just check it out it is great GPU and i can afford it but only 2GB version of it.But i think 2 Gb one`s performance is way better than r7 250.And nope i didnt purchase the motherboard yet first i want to make a list which products i will buy then i will buy all things together.But what do you think of RX550 2GB one?btw Thanks for the reply.

zealotki11er

I would suggest you look used GPU. R7 250 and even RX 550 are simply too slow for those games. RX 550 is more keen to games like LoL, and Dota 2. Those CPUs are also very slow this day and age. R3 1200 is my minimum CPU I would get new or get a used CPU+MB+DDR3. Your budged seems too low to build new. There is always a minim you want to spend for PC gaming. For GPU I suggest you look for stuff like HD 7950/70, R9 280, R9 285/380. If you want to go a bit slower, RX 460, R9 270/X, HD 7850/70. Do not go any lower or you will be very disappointed. Used CPU I would look for people that are trying to get rid of FX-6300/FX-8320. 

venom

R3 1200 is expensive cant afford it also the RX 460,HD7850 and the 2-3 more GPUs you just mentioned are way expensive in the country i live.Yeah my budget is low but in my budget range i can get RX550,8GB Ram and A4 or A6 APUs i think this spec is enough to run these games smoothly because i saw some videos of this card gaming review and the games very running smoothly and ofcourse i dont want 70-80+ FPS in this budget.Atleast in this spec the games will run normaly that is all i want and better than the Intel HD3000 i have on my laptop haha

benman2785

best would be an RX460 without 6pin-pcie (so you can stick to a cheaper PSU) or an RX560 // if it has to be cheap stick to an RX 550

what is your budget and where are you from? if you want i can put a system together for you

venom

RX460 and RX560 is expensive in the country i lived.My budget is low cant confirm the exact amount until i finally confirm the products i will buy.But my question what is wrong with RX550?like i saw some videos of this graphic card and the games are running smoothly.That is all i want obviously i will not get 60+FPS in this budget so i just want the games to run smoothly.Btw i am from Pakistan and i already know you cant put a system together for me in Pakistan Hahaha but thanks for the offer

benman2785

RX550 is fine - but RX460 would have 1.8x more performance

btw - when you set everything to low-mid the RX550 is good - and you can try to OC a little if you want

venom

savagebeastzero iamthesaga amdmatt cavemanthe0ne What you guys say about this question?

iamthesaga

I think what everyone has preciously mentioned above is pretty accurate. You mentioned that you can't confirm your budget until you confirm what you are going to buy....kind of defeats the purpose of a budget. Get the best you can for what you are willing to spend. Make sure whenever you purchase from is reputable and you can return/exchange a piece if needed. Nothing worse then spending money and wasting it on something that doesn't meet your wants and needs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              ajlueke

I have to agree with zealotki11er about the processor.  It would be a good idea to save up for an AM4 based AMD processor, as that will give you substantial life out of your motherboard and DRAM, as future AMD processors will also use this socket.  You'll also have an upgrade path should you choose to do so.  The APUs you mentioned in the original question aren't the greatest CPUs especially since you are planning on adding a discrete GPU anyway.

The RX 550 can game just fine, but be prepared to turn down certain graphics settings and/or resolution.  You certainly won't be able to run with everything maxed out at 1080p or above.

If the R3  Ryzen/RX 550 combo is simply out of reach, you could start with a Bristol Ridge A12-9800 on the AM4 platform.  You can then game on that while you save up for a better Ryzen CPU and discrete GPU.

staggeredsix

venom  --- where are you located? I think I know someone who may be able to help with that GPU question If you use discord please join the Red Team discord and reach out to me

jlfranklin28@yahoo.com

I am using and R7 240 4gb and i play overwatch on medium at about 60 fps and peaks in the 70s.