4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 5:42 PM by hardcoregames™

O.K. AMD......??????

ambrose

Hello All,

Have been seeing the Acer & AMD desktop offering on the home page, and I notice that Best Buy has been in with this.  As for pricing I don't think it is bad at all for getting a R1700, however what is baffling me is that the offer(s) come with an Nvidia GFX card. Ah...What????? I would have thought they would be coming with an AMD card in there. There is noway I would even think about  buying this AMD offering without getting a AMD GFX card to boot. Never used Nvidia and don't plan to. Damm!!! AMD you almost gave me a new computer choice other then a Dell.

I am all for helping the " Little Guy " but offering a Nvidia card system within your own AMD Advert/store offers. What is this AMD supporter supposed to think, about how you feel about your own  GRX card products. I know the Bit Coiners are probably a good portion of your card sales at the moment, So maybe you should consider a Preferred AMD Customer Option, and save some of those good cards for us regular people out here, that way we don't get slapped with the high pricing you put on them later, all because of " Bit Coiners "

Cheers, Here is hoping AMD Starts using AMD GFX in their own products from default.ati-wallpapers-12-773409.jpg

P.S. Using Nvidia in an AMD offer............

Homer.jpg

• Re: O.K. AMD......??????
          hardcoregames™

There are not a lot of Vega 64 cards out there yet but they should flood the market by october 15 or so

black_zion

AMD doesn't manufacture consumer graphics cards, so the OEMs go with what they can get to maximize their profits, and AMD is in the middle of a packaging crisis because their supplier can't get it right, which has caused them to switch suppliers. Plus when you consider the fact that Vega64 reference trades blows with the 30% less expensive aftermarket GTX 1080 despite pulling much more power, and is blown away by the 15% more expensive aftermarket 1080Ti, it makes much more sense for an OEM to use an nVidia card, especially when nVidia has such name recognition ability even with casual gamers, which serves as an asset as typical people (not businesses) buying prefab OEM desktop machines are generally less tech savvy, else they'd build their own machine.

ambrose

Hey Guys,

Yeah I still couldn't pull the trigger on a prefab without AMD GFX, What can I say I want All AMD or nothing. Still haven't ruled out a personal build I just wish my local shop could get some AMD cards in at a decent price.

Cheers Guys, I suppose time will tell.