1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 5:24 AM by goodplay

470 GPU drivers

larzs13

Okay I'm running a 470 GPU on a Ryzen rig with the current drivers I can not Run Hearts of Iron 4 mesg Paradox and they said it's the current drivers I have to revert to 7.17.1 I have tryed to revert to this driver but alas I have yet to get this task done as Windows updates before I can install the driver I have down loaded I would hate to go the other side because of this one problem FIX IT YESTERDAY already. You might ask your self why is this important well when you have 1k+hrs in a game you might see a problem in and of this issue.  This is the first time I have had a problem from AMD on the large part come on don't leave a guy hanging.

Here is the mesg from Paradox

This is a probably the bug in recent versions of the AMD video driver, from 17.7.2 onwards.

You can revert to their 17.7.1 version, which still works fine:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

The other workaround is to In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-opengl

That may impact performance however.

We'd appreciate it if you'd contact AMD support about this, so they'll finally fix it!