0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 6:27 AM by jigzaw

File History Penalty on 1700X

jigzaw

I recently purchase an extra 2 TB hard drive and set it as file history back up for both my SSD system drive and D drive workfiles. My Keyshot6 drop 8-9 frames, CineBench R15 results now is close to the previous Ryzen 7 1700 cpu  than rating of current  Ryzen 7 1700X. The 1700X runs 100% on a longer cycle on all cores prior the file history back up set up, now it fluctuates to 97-98% most of the time with all cores. The 1700X is set on auto default settings, not over clocked.

• W10 Home Creators Update
      • Asrock AB350 PRO 4 AGESA 1.0.0.6  Bios 2.60
      • Sapphire RX 470 OC Titanium Edition 4 GDR5
      • 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV F4-3000C14-16GVK
      • 256 GB Patriot Blast SSD
      • 1 TB WD Blue D drive
      • 2 TB Toshiba E Drive File history back up drive
      • Dual BenQ GC2870 1080 display
      • Antec True Power Classic  Gold 550W

Found the culprit: ViewPower2.14 Delta VX UPS monitor Java app. It was running with no penalty before, wondering what is up with java.

Message was edited by: Joseph O

Update on this one, it was caused by moving the UPS usb connection on the last usb port 3.0 on the back panel when I installed the the new drive. It seems to up the voltage a bit on the cpu. I rearranged the usb 2.0 connections and was able to put it back in that place. The cpu load drop to zero,  I placed my webcam  connection on the that usb 3.0 port and it seems to work normally without  any impact compared when the ups was connected previously.

Message was edited by: Joseph O