by a tube of artic MX-4 and clean up the existing cooler, then apply a tiny amount of MX-4 and your CPU should be good as new
This is a brand new system, I just put it together a week ago. I have tried reinstalling the cooler using Artic Silver thermal paste, it dropped the temperature a couple of degrees, but still seemed a little high considering it was idle. When I reinstalled the heat sink, I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and dried with canned air before reinstalling. At the moment, this is my build:
AMD FX-8350 AM+ CPU
MSI 970A Gaming Pro CARBON Mother Board
Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM x2
NVidia GTX 660 Ti 2GB Graphics Adapter (soon to be replaced with GTX 1070/1080)
Corsair 750 80+ Power Supply
SSD 250 GB HDD x2
ASUS DVD/CD Drive
I have 4 systems with AMD Athlon CPU's and 2 with AMD Phenom CPU's and a couple with Intel Core I processors, I've never seen the temp. spike when I press reset on any of my other systems or any system I've worked on in the past! I've also a little concerned for the burning smell whenever the system is on. I would really like to resolve this, one of the primary reasons I bought this processor and MB combo was the option to over clock if I wanted to.
Just wondering what case and mother board u have.8350''s tend to run hot if u don't have good air flow.Would also check the thermal paste.
actually i have the same problems with this cpu i have a Asus Gaming Pro Aura Mainboard, i think the bios version is 9xxx something. the cpu fx8350 was so overheated and completely freezed the system so i couldn´t update the bios version. i tried to run the fx8350 with a Alpenföhn Brocken cpu cooler but the systems won´t start. after i exchanged the cooler and take the amd cooler on it, the system starts but after a while it getting so over heated that it shutted down.
here are my system:
AMD FX8350 AM3+
Asus Gaming Pro Aura 970 Mother Board
Patriot 8GB DDR3 RAM
Asus Radeon RX460 4GB
Power Supply be quiet! BN242 System Power 8 80+ PC ATX 600W
SSD 250 GB Harddrive
Asus Blue Ray Burner
I also changed the 8cores into 4cores over bios just to make sure its not overheating, but i failed.
is it better to put a 1000watt powersupply and a watercooling into the computer? or what can i do to stop the overheating?
mx-4 works well, i use across the board and it seems to last forever
I'm using a Corsair SPEC-01 (CARBIDE Series) case and a MSI 970A Gaming Pro Mother Board. The case has space for 5 fans, I have 4 installed; 2 in front blowing in and 2 on top blowing out. The cpu sits directly below the 2 exhaust fans. As for thermal paste, I used Artic Silver. I have a GAMMAXX 400 cooler, it's a lot beefier was going to see if that would make a difference....
Sounds like u have good air flow then.Maybe check your motherboard bios and make sure its current.If so switch out to the Gammax and hopefully that will take care of it.