4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 7:48 PM by srb151

Compatible case for Threadripper 1950X + ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME X399 motherboard (E-ATX Form Factor)

henrypb

Good morning.

I am planning to build my first AMD based system, using an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X CPU.  I'm considering using either the ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME sTR4 AMD X399 motherboard (E-ATX Form Factor) or the Asrock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming motherboard (ATX Form Factor). I also plan to use my current video card, an EVGA Geforce GTX 690.

Looking at the pictures of the ASUS board, I see that the rear I/O connections are enclosed in a large shroud that would keep it from fitting into any case.

And both boards have their audio components placed between the PCIe slots and the back edge of the board and covered by a shroud. And from the pictures it looks as though my video card will not fit into either one.

What type of computer case will accommodate these motherboards? 

The Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower ATX Case claims, in it's spec sheet, to be an E-ATX case. I contacted Corsair but sadly the person I spoke to was unable to confirm whether it is an ATX or E-ATX.

Can anyone help me confirm the compatibility of these various components?

Thank you very much in advance.