5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2017 6:26 PM by hardcoregames™

Failed memtest.  Individual sticks and DIMM slots pass, but now won't show full memory and corrupted data.  What are my options?

chainers

Hey all.

Recently, my new Ryzen computer has been giving me issues!  For one, despite the memory being clocked at 2997 since I built it, it will no longer post at any OC settings.  Second, when it does post, I have random crashes and errors!  I ran memtest86 on my PC and failed, hard.  I tested each individual stick, in each individual DIMM, and all passed the test with 8 or 9 passes - no errors.

I thought it was maybe a heatwave causing my PC to overheat, so I added both sticks in and immediately ran into issues!  My PC crashed when opening Overwatch, causing all the data to become corrupted (having to uninstall, and reinstall) and I have no idea where to go.  I think it might be the motherboard, but some have told me that intermitted issues like this could be the CPU.  Is there a way for me to test?  I'd hate to RMA my CPU without knowing and wasting the time.

From what I have been told, there is no way to really know other than replace the units but I am not made of money and I feel like my PC is too new to have to replace the CPU and the motherboard.  If someone can give me some guidance, I'd greatly appreciate it.