2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 1:40 PM by amedeus

hdmi problems

amedeus

I used to play movies on my Tv Samsung throught hdmi , however seems to have some issues in connecting my laptop to the TV in the last 1 month

Issues make my laptop screen closing and start to light and showing for a short time the descktop,like 0.5 seconds , not image at all even when press fn+interface change button to set only one screen or both screens,and sometimes it turn in grey nuance as it show me the screen work but soft dosn't show me the image... , also if i disconnect the hdmi cable have to press ctrl +alt+del or ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager in order to make my descktop image appear ,so i guess there are some errors in drivers ,connected it on both my samsung tv ,throught different cables , one tv not even seems to detect my laptop and the other detect but no show image as well as it present some audio connection sometimes from an video runed before connecting hdmi , i can't perform any setting while my tv is connected with the laptop

I am open to advices as i tryed everything to fix it , but i didn't try to roll back the video card driver , so first i would like to know what could make this issue appear

I tryed to connect other laptop to my samsung tv and seems to work , so tv and cable are both working fine ,just my laptop can't connect it anymore to my TV  cause it seems to close and reopen my desckop image ,or to run the laptop screen in an grey nuance if is necesary i can even record how it's doing,i used to watch on hdmi and it's first time when i get this issue ,on internet couldn't find any topic about this subject

I think my laptop screen should work no mather if the hdmi port work or not ,as i tryed to make only my laptop screen work and it not allowed me to get the descktop image

I was thinking even about an hdmi board defection but i come here for an expertise

These are my laptop amd boards ... if you need that info

Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series

Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series

Software:

Radeon Settings Version

Driver Packaging Version

17.30.1041-170720a-316467C-CrimsonReLive

• Re: hdmi problems
          amedeus

I tested it more accurate , there i had and short images from laptop on tv so i guess there is an driver issue , rolled back driver uninstalled nothing work , seems to be some video card problems ,tested it on any tv , when i connect any hdmi cable to tv it start turn on/off the both screens from tv and laptop , is like an christmas tree  ,sometimes it show the image sometimes is showing me just an grey screen

It dosn't have problems until i plug the hdmi cable into tv , then it turns get the glitch ... , also noticed that there i had problems and after removing the hdmi cable , like i was needing 2-3 minute to get back the image to normal without getting descktop image turned off/on , so i think issue come from the laptop software as my tv samsung drivers seems to work with my dad laptop

I was looking for some topics but no one seems to have these issue solved ... ,i guess that because drivers are up to date it should be the driver ,i tryed everything,this is my last hope that i can fix it by asking here  otherwise i am not reinstall windows just for hdmi to work , idk what happened suddenly 1 day after the last day it worked my hdmi wasn't working anymore..

My dad pc seems still to work and i borrow his pc to watch movies on tv he have an trash intel video card and it work on all of my 3 tv and all my 3 hdmi cables ,so let's say that there someone didn't do his job proper and he ruined my hdmi connection... as it worked proper all the time and still seems to work if it display on my tv short images of my descktop

There are just 2 responsables for this or amd or windows update , so help me to understand first why it turn off image then turning it on ... as it is setting when i update videocard , wil

• Re: hdmi problems
              amedeus

it seems to be some problems from windows 10 registry files ,recently repaired my hdmi ,but after some short window updates i got the bug back ,is something not working proper from softwares ... it worked perfectly after my dad decided to watch on my hdmi problems ... and i demonstrate it hdmi work perfectly but software seems to don't detect me proper the screens