AnsweredAssumed Answered

(Solved) Asus Notebook X550IU got fps drop and stuttering, how to solved it?

Question asked by egkrateia on Sep 9, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2018 by fingerx2

Hi guys, I just bought Asus Notebook X550IU because I saw many reviews recommended this notebook for working and gaming at the same time.

Then I installed my favorite game, Black Squad on Steam and had this fps drop and stuttering in Very Low setting 1600x900.

I recognize this problem happens when there are many texture and gun trail (from 70 fps can drop to 30 and stuttering).

But what makes this a problem because I've played on my old notebook with older GPU (2GB, 128 bit) and didn't get this problem. (70-110 fps, Very Low, 1366x768).

I had done many changes on my laptop such as:

- used recommended AMD software (whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.2-july27)

- changed everything to maximize performance in AMD Settings and Power Plans

- decreased maximum power state to 90% (and it has a good effect to reduce heat from CPU and stabilized GPU core)

I also did some test like:

- 3DMARK Fire Strike, got similar score from reviewer website on this notebook.

- GPUZ Sensors, got maximum Core Clock and Memory Clock when playing Black Squad

- Playing PUBG, got 20-30 fps in very-very low setting and got stuttering (1280x720)

So, my temporary conclusion is the GPU is not compatible with Black Squad

I hope You guys can help me to overcome this problem. Maybe there's something that i missed. It will be great if You guys can also help me to play PUBG smoothly

FN: Sorry for my bad English XDDD

Appendix: ASUS Notebook X550IU Spec:

- CPU: AMD Quad Core FX-9830P, up to 3.7GHz

- GPU: Primary: R7 Grapichs (1GB DDR4)

Switchable: RX 460 M (4GB DDR5, 128 bit)

- RAM: 8GB (+ 8GB)

- HDD: 1 TB

- Display: 1920x1080, 15,6 inch

Outcomes