3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2018 12:29 AM by alicelovelin

Screen goes black with Freesync

abbeknows

Hello, opening menus in games and such makes my screen go black for a few seconds and it seems to have to do with when the game has micro stutters. Note this only happens with Freesync enabled, is it the drivers or is the screen faulty? This also happens when a game runs at less than 144hz where my screen constantly goes black for a few seconds at a time.

• Re: Screen goes black with Freesync
          whiskey-foxtrot

I'm experiencing that with a few DX11 games but in the opposite - if I go to max 144Hz it randomly goes to a black screen until I exit to the menus, which is consistent with various games (PUBG, Battlefront) and in Ghost Recon Wildlands it starts to flicker but stops. Dropping it to 60Hz clears everything up. I think it's an issue with the drivers in development. I'm currently using 17.9.1 (for RX Vega 64).

abbeknows

so i downgraded to the july version of the r9 fury drivers for windows 10 from the august one that i had these issues with and it turns out that the august drivers had broke freesync, the issue has been solved. cmon amd you can do better than this!

alicelovelin

I have a similar issue, recently, if I activate Freesync straight from my monitor options (it's a Samsung C24FG70), my screen goes black until I undo it, and through the AMD Settings, it says "Not Supported". I'm using a Radeon RX550. I used to have freesync working just fine until last month or so.