3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2017 1:24 PM by dc253

1700x Sleep bug

dc253

So i have the latest bios and chipset drivers on a fresh install of windows 10, for some reason when the computer boots into windows my voltage in Ryzen master is jumping all over the place. Then once i put the computer to sleep and wake it the voltage is steady at 1.35 volts and my clock speed is set at 3.6. Prior to sleep mode the cpu is set at 3.4 and like i said the voltage is all over the place. Any ideas?

The Motherboard is the Aorus gaming 5.

CPU 1700x

ddr4 3200 tridentz

• Re: 1700x Sleep bug
          dc253

Also it's not OC'd, Should i re install windows? Maybe a driver updated and messed something up? Just downloaded and flashed the new f8 bios still the same effects. goes from 3.4ghz with voltage jumping all over, hit sleep and wake it up now locked at 3.6 ghz voltage steady at 1.35.

jigzaw

Hi. What power plan are you using? AMD Ryzen Balanced doesn't  make my Ryzen 1700 and now 1700X sleep as it set the it to optimum for instant response and also why you see the voltage all over the place. What I did is modified the Balance power plan and renamed it as my Balanced workstation. Then set Processor power management>Minimum processor state>36%, Turn off display: 20 minutes and Put the computer: to sleep 45 min.

Anything close and above 50% on the minimum processor state will keep it awake. Just try the Balance (recommended)it will work. I don't use the Ryzen Master though as I don't overclock my cpu.

dc253

@jigzaw So i changed the power plan options and looked at it again, noticed each core clocking itself, that was different. Restarted my computer and still the same thing now its clocked to 3.5ghz and the volts are jumping from 1.25 to 1.50. I put the computer to sleep woke it up and now its clocked at 3.4 ghz steady voltage at 1.27. I'm at a loss for this, not sure what to do besides a new install of everything and see if that works?