0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 1:30 PM by bart6913

RX Vega 56 Hardware Acceleration issues

bart6913

Hello!

So last week I received my Vega 56 and its been working perfectly fine in games and normal use, for the most part.

My main issue is that anything that uses hardware acceleration like You Tube videos, downloaded videos, gifs in Discord and some other applications make the whole pc freeze like an on and off switch for about 5 seconds then the video/gif will play as normal, but any downloaded videos do not work at all and the system will act like its going at 1 frame every 2-3 seconds and I need to use alt+f4 to close it as well as the folder that it was in so that it works again. I've somewhat fixed the issue for the time being by disabling hardware acceleration in my browser and downloading VLC Player and turning hardware acceleration off in that to watch any downloaded videos. My friend also has this exact same issue and we both have Sapphire RX Vega 56 using the Driver 17.8.2 and this issue happens while stock as well as over clocked. When I was using integrated graphics I didn't have this issue at all.

Current Specs:

• 4670k at stock
      • 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
      • ASRock Z87 Extreme 6
      • Sapphire RX Vega 56

Any help is appreciated.