AMD R9 390

Desktop

Windows 10 64-bit

Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.8.2

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard, BIOS v1.11

Intel i7-4790K

EVGA 1000 G2 PSU

32 GB RAM

Hi all, after installing the latest set of drivers, I've run into an issue where one of my fans isn't working and the fan controls aren't responding to my inputs.  The fan at the rear of my case does not turn at all, leading to some real issues with overheating.  I've had several rounds of PUBG crash because my card has exceeded 93 degrees Celsius.  Previously, I was using MSI Afterburner to put my fans into overdrive while I played and even changed my case because my airflow was poor.  When using Afterburner, I was able to stay at or below 83 degrees which was fine for me.  Since Afterburner is now out of the question with the new drivers, I've attempted four or five fully clean installs of the drivers with no ability to get my fan controls to work.  I've attached two screenshots, one where I'm just looking at Radeon Settings and this forum, the other while playing the game.  The temp is a little low in game because I took off the side panel to confirm both times that the fan at the rear of the case was not spinning at all.

I'm really perplexed and I'd like to know if anyone's having the same issue or if there are any potential solutions.  I'll attempt to reseat the card for grins, but I'm hoping someone has a better solution.  Thanks!

Attachments

Outcomes